Horse lovers?

Jordz

~*The Horse Girl*~
I love horses, and was wondering if anyone else does too!

I ride english, and take lessons once a week, but unfortunately don't own my own horse :(

I love to jump.

Squidbert

Scum scum scum scum..SCUM
I do love horses very very much!

I don't have one.. or ride much.. or take lessons.. There just isn't much of an option for either around here.. :(
But some day I will have one.. oh yes! I will ! :p

Roxy's CD

I've been around horses since I was 5. I've got my own QH, he's a big lug, LOL.

I don't take lessons anymore (I should though :eek: LOL), I teach 2 lessons a week to people who have bought horses from me.

I take it you ride hunter/jumper?

Jordz

~*The Horse Girl*~
Yeah. I don't compete in big shows yet, only in the school shows my barn hosts.

You're so lucky you own a horse!

Squidbert, I'm going to make sure I have one someday too!

My aunt owns five in Arizona, I just actually got back from visiting her! Riding western for a week was interesting, considering I was the only one with my heels down while riding :)

BostonBanker

Another horse person here. I did hunter/jumpers throughout high school, and into college until I got Tristan, my Hanoverian. As a youngster, he jumped about as well as my truck, so I gave up and started doing dressage with him. Now, I'm hooked on the dressage, and he's learned to jump like a star. Go figure. Here he is looking like his usual beautiful self - he's currently a few months into a suspensory rehab, and those hard-earned muscles have evaporated:mad:
[/IMG]

~Tucker&Me~

I do the exact same as you Jordz!
Once a week, love to jump, and hope to own one day...
LOL!

~Tucker

Jordz

~*The Horse Girl*~
Lol Tucker!

BostonBaker, he is gorgeous! I might take him too, but you can keep paying the bills ;)

Snark

Mutts to you
BostonBaker, what a lovely boy! What level of dressage were you at?

I've been around horses for nearly 40 years (and owned them for almost 35) and have been told I've been horse-crazy since around the age of three.
I lost my old Morgan, Rocket J. Squirrel, three years ago, after 23 years (used to event, compete in lower level dressage and drive him) and now I have a rescue. He's a Morgan, too, his name is Chance and he's a bay gelding with one white sock and a star. Probably won't do more than trail ride with him, once I get him rideable.
This was Rocket:

This was Chance when he first arrived, mid-March:

Chance recently:

BostonBanker

Snark - I had hoped to do second level with him at a show this August. At this point, I'm hopeful that I will at least be riding him again by then.

Your Morgans are adorable! I'm in Vermont, and a lot of the ones I see these days are the Saddlebred-y type. I love the real athletes like Rocket:) And what a change in Chance! He looks great!

Sprout

Brussels Griffon

Theres Chula :) She is my horse.. we do everything, english showing, western showing, as well as gymkhana and rodeo speed events :) Shes awesome. Sprout likes to ride her too ;)

Snark

Mutts to you
BostonBanker said:
Snark - I had hoped to do second level with him at a show this August. At this point, I'm hopeful that I will at least be riding him again by then.

Your Morgans are adorable! I'm in Vermont, and a lot of the ones I see these days are the Saddlebred-y type. I love the real athletes like Rocket:) And what a change in Chance! He looks great!
Hope everything goes well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

Thanks! What's scary is that Chance had put on a couple hundred pounds before I got him, and I could feel the bones in his neck when he arrived. Don't see how the poor boy survived...

Saddlebred-y Morgans? In Vermont?? Horrors! :eek: Justin Morgan must be turning over in his grave! Gotta admit, I like the old style Morgans best. Chance is fairly tall for a Morgan, but I don't think he'd be mistaken for a Saddlebred, at least I hope not. (Not to insult any Saddlebred lovers out there! I just like Morgans who don't look like third-rate Saddlebreds. Want a Saddlebred? Buy a Saddlebred! Okay, end of mini-rant... Lol!)

Snark

Mutts to you
Sprout said:

Theres Chula :) She is my horse.. we do everything, english showing, western showing, as well as gymkhana and rodeo speed events :) Shes awesome. Sprout likes to ride her too ;)
She's beautiful! How old is she?

I''m a horse trainer at a ranch that adopts horses and re-trains them and provides them a loving home (doesn''t re-sell the horses). This is one of my special favourites, his name''s Chester

This is my other favourite, Keo. Got high hopes for these two!

Roxy's CD

Snark - Wow Chance really turned around! I dont' know why but I've always had a thing for well muscled necks and crests... I'm weird I know.

Rocket's got HUGE scope!!! I imagine you really had to hang on with him!

I was lucky, my guy was scopeless, haha, great for equitation though, smooth ride.

Gymkhana's a blast! I got tired of showing against the same people at schooling shows and Trillium shows were WAY to political for me, so we did gymkhana instead. Riley loved it! So did I, great way to let off all that steam from getting cut off in the english ring, or blocked when he was doing a great lengethening.

I just got rid of my last 2 guys about 6 months ago. I still see them every week though for lessons, I was lost for the first while without anyone to work with, but I've been so busy with the store lately that I was forgetting about it.. Thanks a lot guys! :D HAHA

I imagine after the store's up and running and I don't have to be there everyday I'll pick up a few more prospects. I want to get them young though. Working with babies is fun too!

At my old ranch I got to work with two babies, from day one. Worked on everything from the start; halter/leading, feet, ground tying.. did it all. I imagine whoever got them had an easy time breaking those two sweethearts.

Edit: Just thought I'd add Snark, I looked at Rocket's pic again, wow has he ever got great knees!! Their pretty square and he's got them tucked nice and tight. Wow... that's a great pic!

BostonBanker

Snark

Yes, saddlebred-y Morgans, here in Vermont. What is the world coming to? Since you are an old-style Morgan fan, I'll share a picture of my trainer's adorable 2 year old. Despite all the beautiful warmblood youngsters on the property, she is one of my favorites! Her mother is a very old-style Morgan who, at about 14.1hh is one of the best jumpers I've seen. Amazing over 3'6". Daddy is a grand prix dressage Dutch stallion. This photo doesn't really show her beautiful face, but still...how cute is she?
[/IMG]

I've had horses for the majority of the last 23 years (gulp!--I'm getting old LOL!) I've done hunters, 4-h, soem Western, some games etc. I always Quarter horses--until 4 years ago when I took a chance and bought Bull's Eye, a 2 yr old just undersaddle black Rocky mountain horse --never road a gaited horse in my life! I can now without a doubt say he is the most fun willing horse I've ever had--sort of my equine soul mate! 2 years ago I got another from the same people in a deal I just couldn't refuse--now I have 2 Rockies and they are a blast! Here are some pics . First one is my QH hunter LJ who I sold 4 years ago--next one is Bull's Eye. Later I''ll post one of my other Rocky named Willie

Oops I'm sorry--I posted the wrong pic at the top--that obviously is Blue the ACD! I also meant to resize the photos, but hit post instead of "preview." I fix them and maybe post more tomorrow--I'm so enjoying this thread and getting to see everybody's beautiful animals!!!!!

Members online