The toy poodle nurse

When I was looking to get a dog, I didn't image how close I was going to bond wit him at this level, Pompadour is now three years old and he is more than we expected.

In late 2011 I was diagnosed wit Endrometriosis Endometriosis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, I was in severe pain and the Doctor stared the treatment using Zoladex shots, however the secondary effects were horrible the medicine acts like a menopause hormone wit all the real effects of a real menopause, sadly the treatment failed, so I'm in a new treatment now.

This condition is a hard time for me, Pompadour does know when I'm in pain and like I described he has a strong bond wit me, he is always watching me, and when I start to fell pain he stays close to me and don't want to move away, he curls into a ball and stays near were I'm resting like a bed or a sofa, if my pain is becomes stronger he puts his paws in the corner of the bed/sofa (he can't reach too mush since he is a toy) and watches me all worried, he tries to cheer me up by licking my hands or feet.

If he sees that my pain is too mush he stars to trot all over the room and cries, a few times he had puke since he is worried, ..... other times he goes to search for help from a person in the house (like my mom) and he cries and makes the person to follow him until the person comes to see me.

When the pain fades he gets all overjoy and seem to get relieved that I get better.

Is so impressive in how he knows how I'm feeling even if he doesn't understand words.

Unfortunately this year I was diagnosed wit Chronic Purpura in my blood Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , little Pompadour keeps the nurse job very well, when I feel weak he tries to cheer me up, by putting his front paws on me or licking me, sometimes I even suspect he wants to help me getting up from the bed/sofa but he just weights 7 pounds and my weight is 112, so that can't happen lol, so he tries to do what he can wit his tiny body.

I'm pretty sure if he goes to a service dog school he could pass easily, sadly we don't have that in my country but he doesn't need papers or a license to know what to do to help me, he is my nurse.

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to charge how a difference a dog can make in our lives.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
isn't it amazing what our dogs can do to help us? I'm glad that Pompadour is there for you.

isn't it amazing what our dogs can do to help us? I'm glad that Pompadour is there for you.
Agree, they are our guardian angels.

When he was a 3 month little ball of fluff I never imaged he would do something like that . :)

He really helps me to cheer me up.

Glad you have Pompadour by your side. Our dogs are our greatest gifts. They give us unconditional love. :)

Members online

No members online now.