Articles that portray Bully Breeds in a positive light

milos_mommy

I thought maybe we could have a special thread where people post stories and articles about Pit Bull and other bully breed therapy dogs, articles with good information on breed history, stories about rescue bullies, SAR bullies, etc. Just a GOOD thread with links to news and articles that are positive.

We have lots of threads with awesome pictures and info but it would be cool to round up the published info and links in one place.

DougGeneration

D0G TR41N1NG N00B
I'd be the first to subscribe to that thread! It would never hurt to read something interesting, more so that it's about Dogs!!

On a newcomers note, what exactly are Bully Breeds? I'm not quite sure that what I'm thinking is correct.

DougGeneration

D0G TR41N1NG N00B
I've become curious and found this site which showcases the many heroic and positive articles and news story involving pitbulls.

I also like their call, "Punish the Deed, not the Breed!".

milos_mommy

Cool :) I kind of forgot about this thread...didn't Amy's Grant have an article about his work as a therapy dog? Can someone pull that up and put it here?

pitbullfriends

Pitbull Friends
Any good message about bully breed dogs make me happy (especially pitbulls but really any dog that gets a bad rap in the media)

The Real Scoop on Pit Bulls and Bully Breeds

If you love pit bulls, then you are probably pretty well aware about what a bad reputation they receive. The thing is most pit bulls are wonderfully loving animals, very mild and would never hurt a fly. It just so happens that some of these dogs have been trained improperly and this has led to a number of unfortunate incidents.

The whole breed has suffered at the hands of the media portraying pit bulls as vicious and aggressive dogs. The thing which they fail to tell is that mean people likely trained those dogs to act that way. Remember that this is the predominant breed that have been bred and trained for use in dog fighting “contests.â€

I think the idea behind this thread is great. If we get enough posts with GOOD stories about the good things that pit bulls have done, maybe little by little we can start to counteract the damage the media has already done.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
That is pretty cool! I like how they did both Pin Ups and Pitties. :) Hopefully they will continue doing them.

Members online

No members online now.