If it shouldn't be named an alpha roll ... what should it be called?

adojrts

I agree, that with Kim, it is probably bullying behaviour; but it seems ingrained in the Central Asian Shepherd as a breed. There play is very intense and I've been at her breeders and seen them do similar displays. The intent is to win; perhaps it just looks better when it is between 2 of the same breed; who understand each other's drives; as opposed to a somewhat softer dog that doesn't get it? The CAS is a highly defensive breed; however she is uber confident in all situations -- (too much so for a CAS); there is no situation that I have put her in that she wasn't 100% confident with; footing, noise, thunder/lightning, other dogs that do submit to her (she gets a lot of puppy-mouthing from other dogs), parades, livestock, wildlife, decoys; but she is a very domineering dog; both to humans and to other dogs. Perhaps she's just a subtle a**hole -- which would make perfect sense to me.

).
Are you familiar with many different CAS's or just from what you have seen from her breeders? The reason I ask is because her behaviour could be a learned behaviour or a behaviour that has been passed down within that breeders lines or a combo of both. :)

Members online

No members online now.