The Venting Thread

Saeleofu

****, you're right, it is 45 days. I was definitely thinking it was 60. Thanks for the heads up! I think if I don't have a shipping notice by tomorrow night (end of the week) I'm just going to open a dispute. Then they can negotiate within the dispute.
I got an email today saying it'll be shipped Tuesday. I'm not emailing anymore - if I don't have a shipping notice by 5pm Tuesday, I'm opening a paypal dispute. This is getting ridiculous. What sucks is that this is basically THE place to get a weighted blanket, and I've heard so much good about them, but...so far I'm unimpressed. And it's not like it's a cheap blanket, it's $260ish.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Idiots who can't handle their liquor and ruin parties...

I never go to parties, I am not a fan of being in a room full of people let alone drunk ones. Especially when I'm unable to drink. So i got pretty overwhelmed and then took my meds later than i should have and ended up feeling very nauseous and my head felt like it was being crushed. Not cool. At least I got home and got some sleep.

Unrelated. People who think they're high and mighty because they don't hunt. News flash, all those mass produced vegetable and grain crops you eat or the grazing land and feed crops factory farmed meat you consume uses, destroys more habitat and subsequently kills more wildlife than any legal hunting ever could.

Related to the above. People who think that everyone else should censor themselves on Facebook because they're uncomfortable seeing something. Instead of pressing "hide from news feed" they write a passive aggressive vague status about it then get all hurt when people try and talk to them about it. These are like 30 year olds too. Facebook annoys me lately, maybe I'm getting old.

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
:(

FWIW, I think seeing an orthopedic surgeon when you break something is fairly normal. I had to see an orthopedic surgeon when I broke my wrist, he was the one that decided cast details (how high it'd go for how long, etc).
Oh I know, but they specifically said they think he might need some pins put in. Something about his pinky.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Idiots who can't handle their liquor and ruin parties...

I never go to parties, I am not a fan of being in a room full of people let alone drunk ones. Especially when I'm unable to drink. So i got pretty overwhelmed and then took my meds later than i should have and ended up feeling very nauseous and my head felt like it was being crushed. Not cool. At least I got home and got some sleep.

Unrelated. People who think they're high and mighty because they don't hunt. News flash, all those mass produced vegetable and grain crops you eat or the grazing land and feed crops factory farmed meat you consume uses, destroys more habitat and subsequently kills more wildlife than any legal hunting ever could.

Related to the above. People who think that everyone else should censor themselves on Facebook because they're uncomfortable seeing something. Instead of pressing "hide from news feed" they write a passive aggressive vague status about it then get all hurt when people try and talk to them about it. These are like 30 year olds too. Facebook annoys me lately, maybe I'm getting old.
This.

While I do not support "canned hunting" (where lazy ass people wait in a blind set up next to a feeder they have had out all year) most of the folks we know do it "right" and they use most, if not all of the meat and parts of the animal (the inedible parts like organs they usually feed to their dogs or give them to people like me who do LOL).

Hunting had become essential, esp down here since we have either pushed out or killed off all the deer's natural predators.

Saeleofu

This. My mom and her entire family take Facebook WAY too seriously. You don't like my Facebook post? OH, THEN I GUESS YOU DON'T LIKE ME! You blocked my posts on Facebook because all I can do is criticise and act all holier-than-thou? FINE, YOU HAVE CEASED TO EXIST AND ARE NO LONGER PART OF THE FAMILY. Facebook hiccuped and now we're somehow not friends/comments disappear/etc? SURE WHATEVER YOU DID IT ON PURPOSE AND NOW YOU NO LONGER ARE A PART OF THIS FAMILY. Ughhhhh. Drives me nuts. (Side note, I no longer have anyone from my mom's family, except my mom, on my Facebook ;) )

Saeleofu

I just calculated it out. If I bought all my meds, and included Logan's upkeep as medical expenses, I'd have $150 a month left after medical expenses. Then it's $70 every 2 weeks to fill my gas tank to get to work, so that leaves $10 a month I'm supposed to live on (food, clothes, car maintenance, car insurance, Gavroche's care, and if I didn't live at home rent and utilities, etc) if I got all my meds. Apparently that's acceptable, because I still don't qualify for Medicaid.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Marriage License. BAH. :wall: Kind of hard for us to both be present and sign for one when the courthouse is closed on weekends and my fiance is in ANOTHER STATE serving in the MILITARY. Stupid requirement. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I'm hoping I can find a loophole...or find a pastor that will marry us without a license, and then we can take care of that later.

BAH. Everything was coming together so nicely, too.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Marriage License. BAH. :wall: Kind of hard for us to both be present and sign for one when the courthouse is closed on weekends and my fiance is in ANOTHER STATE serving in the MILITARY. Stupid requirement. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I'm hoping I can find a loophole...or find a pastor that will marry us without a license, and then we can take care of that later.

Did you go in and explain your situation to the clerks and everything? You can't be the only one who has tried to apply with an active military person currently away.. There has to be something they can do to work it out.

*blackrose

Did you go in and explain your situation to the clerks and everything? You can't be the only one who has tried to apply with an active military person currently away.. There has to be something they can do to work it out.
I haven't had a chance to go in person and plead my case, but my mother called for me yesterday while I was working and explained the situation and they were pretty adamant about us both appearing in person. I just left a message and am waiting to hear back...if I don't, I'll have to stop by next week and see if something can be done.

CaliTerp07

How early do you have to have it? In California, you only had to have it like, 24 hours before the wedding I think. I'm pretty sure we only got it 2 days before the ceremony.

*blackrose

How early do you have to have it? In California, you only had to have it like, 24 hours before the wedding I think. I'm pretty sure we only got it 2 days before the ceremony.
The license itself is good for 60 days and can be obtained the day off the ceremony. BUT, Michael is out of state until the 21st. Which is a Saturday. So he cannot be anywhere to sign anything until that day, and the government apparently shuts down on weekends.

FML.

If we change the date of the wedding, which we are considering doing, we aren't sure if as many family members (including his mother, who is kind of important) will be able to make it.

So we're thinking we'll have to have the ceremony, and then just have a civil service the next day. Because the government is an idiot.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I'm not sure this is a vent exactly, but I'm super nervous. Thursday or Friday (depending on when I can leave) I'm suppose to drive over the pass. I'm going alone, without even a dog! :( It's a bit scary to drive over in the first place, but it's already snowing and icy here and I am nervous. :( I do have snow tires so there's that. I have so much homework to try to finish before I go, I'm super stressed out. *sigh*

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
The license itself is good for 60 days and can be obtained the day off the ceremony. BUT, Michael is out of state until the 21st. Which is a Saturday. So he cannot be anywhere to sign anything until that day, and the government apparently shuts down on weekends.

FML.

If we change the date of the wedding, which we are considering doing, we aren't sure if as many family members (including his mother, who is kind of important) will be able to make it.

So we're thinking we'll have to have the ceremony, and then just have a civil service the next day. Because the government is an idiot.
Ask if you can have it witnessed by a notary when both of you are present. iirc I had to do this with ours as we were in different states at the time and it was accepted. I'm pretty sure that was in IN, too, but about 5 years ago.

Airn

FML.

Could you not just get the license to be legally married and then have the wedding next time he's back? If all you need is to be legally married, not much is required. At least not in my state.

*blackrose

I think we have it figured out now.

Our pastor is going to perform the ceremony without the license. Then, on Monday, we'll go get the marriage license from the court house and our pastor said he'd sign off on it. A bit of an extra step and doing it kind of backwards....but it all works out.

I'm still going to see if there is anyway for me to obtain the license ahead of time...butthe above would be okay.

Members online

No members online now.