Artemis Dog Food..

tomatoboi

hey guys, i was told to that Canidae is good for puppies but today when i went to the store.. the lady recommended Artemis, she says its a good and healthy food. im jw is this true? does anyone use this brand?

Luvntzus

I'm not sure which Artemis formula you were looking at, but here's their fresh mix small breed puppy food:

Chicken, Turkey, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Lamb Meal, Brown Rice, Pearled Barley, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Oatmeal, Egg Product, Salmon, Natural Chicken Flavor, Canola Oil, Flaxseed, Potatoes, Carrots, Peas, Apples, Cranberries, Dried Chicory Root, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Lecithin, Garlic, DL-Methionine, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Choline Chloride Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Biotin, Inositol, Dehydrated Kelp, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Amino Acid Chelate, Potassium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Sage Extract, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermantation Solubles, Dried Enterococcus Faecium and Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus

Protein 29%
Fat 18%

I've never looked into this food before, but I'm actually really impressed with the ingredients and the protein/fat levels. I think they're too low in most foods. I would choose this food over Canidae personally.

showpug

I think it looks really nice and it has a higher fat/protein content than Canidae which I personally perfer for my dogs.

Luvntzus

I was comparing it to Canidae's Maintenance All Life Stages formula below. (Sorry about the all caps, that's the way it was listed on the site):

CHICKEN MEAL, TURKEY MEAL, BROWN RICE, WHITE RICE, LAMB MEAL, CHICKEN FAT, ( PRESERVED WITH MIXED TOCOPHEROLS AND ASORBIC ACID ,VIT.E & C ), FISH MEAL, FLAX SEED, DEHYDRATED ALFALFA MEAL ,SUNFLOWER OIL , LECITHIN , BREWERS YEAST , NATURAL FLAVORS, MONOSODIUM PHOSPHATE , CHOLINE, LINOLEIC ACID, ROSEMARY EXTRACT, SAGE EXTRACT , FERROUS SULFATE , DL - ALPHA TOCOPHEROL (SOURCE OF VITAMIN E) ZINC OXIDE, SODIUM SELENITE, MANGANOUS OXIDE, RIBOFLAVIN SUPPLEMENT ( SOURCE OF B2), YEAST CULTURE, DRIED ASPERGILLUS NIGER FERMENTATION EXTRACT, DRIED ASPERGILLUS ORYZAE FERMENTATION EXTRACT, DRIED LACTOBACILLUS ACIDIPHILUS FERMENTATION PRODUCT, DRIED STREPTOCOCCUS FAECIUM FERMENTATION PRODUCT, ZINC AMINO ACID CHELATE, MANGANESE AMINO ACID CHELATE, COPPER AMINO ACID CHELATE, COBALT AMINO ACID CHELATE, IRON AMINO ACID CHELATE, NIACIN, VITAMIN B12 SUPPLEMENT, VITAMIN A SUPPLEMENT, CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE , D-BIOTIN SUPPLEMENT, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B6) , CALCIUM , IODATE, THIAMINE MONONITRATE , FOLIC ACID , PAPAIN , BACILLUS SUBTILI , ASPERGILLUS NIGER , YUCCA SCHIDIGERA EXTRACT.

Protein 24%
Fat 14.5%

I like that the protein/fat are higher in the Artemis food and also that it has fruits/veggies and that is DOESN'T have brewer's yeast since my dog is allergic to it. Those are just things that I look for in a food; someone else might look for different things. :) So yeah, I like Artemis better.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I hadn't heard of it before now, but I'm pretty impressed with the ingredients. It looks good to me- I like the higher protein in it as well.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Yeah, I love the higher protein and fat....BUT...that is only in the small breed puppy formula :( Not the small breed adult or just regular adult :(

Tatum

I've uses Atemis, the fresh mix for adults. I is a very good food,and my dogs did great on it.

Members online

No members online now.