Girly Stuff

I started nuvaring about 2 weeks ago since I was having issues remembering to take my pill and this seemed easier and so far, I like it. Put it in once a month. Simple. I like it.

Kootenay

I'm an IUD advocate for sure (meaning, it has worked well for me, not that it will for everyone, or that everyone should have one), but I just have to point out that if you google ANY kind of birth control you can find horror stories. There is nothing that works for everyone. All of them can cause terrible issues.

Googling is really dangerous. I can pretty much convince myself I'm dying of everything if I google it!

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
So I'm up to well over 6 months on natural hair care. So far I'm really enjoying it. ErinMC is kind of a crunch nut as well and she's pushed me out of my comfort zone on things to try.

I'm currently doing Suave Naturals shampoo/condition about once a month, then doing an ACV rinse somewhere in there, with honey or aloe or egg (or a combination) depending on what I feel like my hair needs. I did get a cut about a month ago... no lie, the shampoo felt AMAZING.

I'm currently "washing" about once a week. I'm thinking about trying to go more WO again and spreading it out to 2x a week with "product".

I use coconut oil sporadically still for face/body. I find oil baths super duper relaxing. I've been using a Norwex body cloth for a few weeks now, though, and it's just easier. :p It gets a super close shave, too, which is awesome.

My favorite things:
- homemade shea/oil lotion (AAAMAZING)
- African Black Soap
- Pure (Unfiltered) Honey
- Egg washes
- OCM (2/3 Hempseed Oil, 1/3 Castor Oil)
- Collidial Oatmeal baths
- Micofiber
- ACV
- Indian Healing Clay aka Bentonite Clay

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I just discovered the most amazing styling for my hair.

I take a shower. I twist my wet hair up and clip it with a jaw clip. Spray with hairspray.

It looks good while it's up (well, better than a pony-tail), and if I leave it in for a few hours and let it dry, when I take the clip out - PERFECT CURLS. And they stay perfect with no frizz because of the hairspray, without being "crunchy" or "product-y" (which is why I normally hate hairspray).

Why did I not do this earlier?

And thanks to cutting back on my need straighten my hair, some moisturizing shampoo/conditioner that has actually worked for my hair (Suave Moisturizing Shampoo), and the help of some Argan Oil...I think I may actually like my hair now. No more insane frizz, no more insane dryness, no more it-feels-too-oily. I can even have a pony tail that looks normal (straight hair OR curly!) with very minimal effort thanks to frizz no longer being an issue. Yey!

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥

I take a shower. I twist my wet hair up and clip it with a jaw clip. Spray with hairspray.

It looks good while it's up (well, better than a pony-tail), and if I leave it in for a few hours and let it dry, when I take the clip out - PERFECT CURLS. And they stay perfect with no frizz because of the hairspray, without being "crunchy" or "product-y" (which is why I normally hate hairspray).

And thanks to cutting back on my need straighten my hair, some moisturizing shampoo/conditioner that has actually worked for my hair (Suave Moisturizing Shampoo), and the help of some Argan Oil...I think I may actually like my hair now. No more insane frizz, no more insane dryness, no more it-feels-too-oily. I can even have a pony tail that looks normal (straight hair OR curly!) with very minimal effort thanks to frizz no longer being an issue. Yey!
This sounds amazing! Pictures? Looking for a new way to dry my hair without heat while avoiding frizz!!

Drying my hair is my biggest issue. It is so thick it takes forever. If I clip it up (which helps most with the waves) it doesnt dry....like next day will still be wet in parts so then it gets really weird. If I leave it down to dry it gets a bit frizzy and unkempt mainly because I just cant leave it down that long without messing with it unless I am actually out or something. My hair in general has been driving me crazy lately.

*blackrose

This sounds amazing! Pictures? Looking for a new way to dry my hair without heat while avoiding frizz!!
I basically do this:
http://m.wikihow.com/Put-Your-Hair-Up-with-a-Jaw-Clip

Only I have a different kind of jaw clip (no idea what kind...it isn't an octopus one, but similar) and I start the twist from a low ponytail vs. higher one as my hair is long.

I use the Frizz-Ease hairspray. Love it!

It does take awhile for the hair to dry as its all twisted and put up, so I don't really use it as a drying technique...more as a "I had to wash my hair and now go out in public and this is how I can look presentable with wet hair". LOL If I do it in the morning, by evening it's dry when I let it down. (Or just slightly damp, and letting it down finishes the job.)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I have to put in a plug for Neutrogena Skin Clearing oil-free makeup. Omg it has been amazing. I've been using it around a month and my skin is clearing up so well. Very light feel to it and mid level coverage. I have had such a hard time finding foundation that didnt' leave me looking like a grease pit.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.

What the heck, I do this all the time and my hair is like, straight when it dries lol except in the back it flips out (which looks dumb). I only do this when I'm lazy and don't want to style my hair, but I hate having stringy wet hair just hanging there.... but it would be nice to get some styling benefits out of it!!

I've just been soooo lazy about styling my hair recently. I love when it's curly but, ugh, effort.

Lyzelle

Suddenly my hair is gross and super dry. I realized it was the water, we have really hard water here. Any tips that are also red hair friendly?

Or is this probably what is going to push me over the edge to henna? I see a lot of chelating shampoo and clarifying shampoo...which is murder for red hair.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Suddenly my hair is gross and super dry. I realized it was the water, we have really hard water here. Any tips that are also red hair friendly?
Egg wash! They are AMAZING. Completely amazing. If you are feeling motivated, you can mix some Aloe in there as well.

Just made goat milk lotion for the first time. Its properly preserved but I gotta admit, the goat milk freaks me out a bit in there. So far I am loving the feel of it, now just to let time pass to make sure all is good

noludoru

Bored Now.

Or is this probably what is going to push me over the edge to henna? I see a lot of chelating shampoo and clarifying shampoo...which is murder for red hair.
If it's not the water, it's the air here. Your hair will be TOTALLY different in the dry climate. I oil mine.

After you dye or chelate or use an ACV rinse, you can also bring a bottle of filtered water in the shower with you to rinse.

*blackrose

What the heck, I do this all the time and my hair is like, straight when it dries lol except in the back it flips out (which looks dumb). I only do this when I'm lazy and don't want to style my hair, but I hate having stringy wet hair just hanging there.... but it would be nice to get some styling benefits out of it!!

I've just been soooo lazy about styling my hair recently. I love when it's curly but, ugh, effort.
My hair is naturally curly/wavy, so I think that helps. It's just a matter of getting the curls to look good and not frizz that is my problem!

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Coloring my hair tomorrow. I keep saying I'm not going to cor my hair anymore, but hopefully this is the last time!! Going for a light brown all over. I currently have ombré with dark brown at the top and dark blonde at the bottom.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Ugh. Think I just started my first 'real' period since I got my Mirena 4.5 years ago. Do. Not. Want. I'm not supposed to have one until it's out later this year - geeze body!

Members online