Rhys's new ears

Torch

We got Rhys cropped last Tuesday at the age of 14 weeks and 3 days. The vet came highly recommended and prefers to wait until 14 weeks to crop APBT/Amstaffs. I think it worked out great because a) we got more time with the floppy ears! and b) Rhys's ears changed a ton and were starting to come up right before his surgery. I have a feeling he would have had bat or at least half prick ears if we hadn't cropped.

He is healing great, on pain meds and antibiotics, and has to wear an inflatable collar because he has NO regard for his healing ears. Silly bulldog puppy.

Before

After

Torch

Thank you all!! I'm very, very pleased with his crop. It's definitely an art form and finding the right vet is key. I also had lots of pictures and a very concise description of what exactly I wanted.

I'm also happy that his ears aren't folding, crinkling, or looking like they will need to be posted. Thank goodness!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
He looks so much more grown up with his new ears! i love it, what a handsome boy :)

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
They look great! He looks so much more serious/intense with his "new" ears... and you know how much I appreciate a nice crop. :)

I would keep an eye on the very tips to make sure they don't keep that little wrinkle they have now, but that's probably just me being fussy. Regardless, I'm thrilled with how they turned out!

Torch

Thank you all for the nice comments! I am glad so many appreciate a good crop.

He reminds Aimee of Grant too :)

They look great! He looks so much more serious/intense with his "new" ears... and you know how much I appreciate a nice crop. :)

I would keep an eye on the very tips to make sure they don't keep that little wrinkle they have now, but that's probably just me being fussy. Regardless, I'm thrilled with how they turned out!
Thanks! I see what you mean about the ends; he scratched his ears a couple of days ago and it caused a little extra scabbing. He is great about letting me touch and rub his ears; I'll definitely keep an eye on it!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Awwww.....he still has the cutest puppy face but now with grownup ears!:)

Members online