• Yes, but I rarely use it.

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • No, I don't think I would use one.

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • No, but I want one.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kootenay

We don't have one. I grew up without a microwave so I don't miss it at all. I've lived in a few places that had them and I pretty much never used them, so it's not really something I've ever considered getting.

CaliTerp07

Ours was $10 on craigslist and it is amazing. Perfect popcorn in 2 minutes. <3

We use it daily. To reheat stuff, thaw stuff, cook stuff, etc. Lasagna is 10 minutes in the microwave, or 90 in the oven. To me, they taste the same. It's a no-brainer.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Technically if you count the fact that I turn on the light or the vent on the microwave (mounted over the stove) I use it multiple times every day haha.

LindaJD

We use ours a lot. Everybody works different hours here so when they get home they heat up their dinner in it. I also cook my vegetables in it.

We got one as a wedding present, then when we bought the house it also came with a microwave, which I was able to pawn off on some unsuspecting victim.

We have one but don't use it a whole lot. We will do steamed edemame in it, I melted some queso dip the other day, sometimes I'll heat up soup. I do use the microwave at the office a lot to heat up leftovers for lunch

Maxy24

We use ours a LOT. Mostly to reheat leftovers, make baked potatoes, steam veggies, and thaw food because we never remember to take stuff out for dinner beforehand. I use it mainly for the leftovers, which is a lot.

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
My response is misleading in the poll, so I thought I would explain.

I selected "Yes, but use it rarely", which is technically true... it is a combination microwave/convection oven, and I only use the microwave to melt butter and heat water for the most part. The rest of the time, I'm still using the appliance, but using the convection oven capability to reheat food and occasionally cook meals. (Our particular model has a cook book function. It came with a recipe book, and I just have to punch in a correlating number to bring up that dish's cooking program. LOL)

In short, I use the appliance all the time, but not usually the microwave function. :p

DJEtzel

You can use something else to heat up food? We went without an oven/stove for a long time... that was fine. Couldn't live without a microwave. XD

Never been so glad to have a microwave oven, stove broke at the beginning of the week and landlord is just now bringing one today....supposedly. Micro Scrambled Egg Burrito woohoo.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I use the microwave all the time. Toaster oven even more so. Both are fantastic. Lol

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Yep. I need it to heat up my hot chocolate and junk food.

Saeleofu

I use it mostly for chicken cordon bleu or pot pies, all of which say "DO NOT HEAT IN MICROWAVE." But I am NOT heating up the oven and waiting an hour for one freak pot pie or piece of chicken to cook. NOPE. In the microwave pot pies take about 10 minutes, the chicken cordon bleu takes 5-6 minutes.

Also, smores. And stale cookies.

I do NOT use it for water, though, that's what the tea kettles are for. They're actually much faster than the microwave.

Members online

No members online now.