Meet Mason

Hello Everyone; Meet my dog Mason. The shelter said he is a Australian Cattle Dog but I'm not so sure. Mason is about 10mo old and he's very polite; doesn't bark and isn't bothered by loud noises etc. He's very good with new commands too.

zoe08

Welcome to the forum!! He may not be full Australian cattle dog, but he looks like he has some in him!

Katkoota

cRaZy AbOuT DOGS
Hello and welcome to cha :) your doggie is such a cutie...I also think that he is a Australian Cattle Dog

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
His markings are like Charlie's, i couldn't tell about many that come from the shelters. They say my Vic is a mix but i dont think so. I will enjoy getting to know Mason. Welcome to the forum.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
He does look like one :) Auscat should know as soon as she sees this thread, but his face reminds me of her Charlie :D
Welcome to the forum :D

AusCatDogs_4Ever

but please call me Aus.
So how big is he? ACDs come up to about the height of your knee (they are a lot smaller than they look!) Here is a pic with someone's leg in it so you can see how tall the dog is, lol:

And I'll just throw in this pic because I love it.:p

jess2416

Who woulda thought
AusCatDogs_4Ever said:
I was thinking he kinda looks more like a Kelpie mix to me... Have a look:

What do you think? Could he be part Kelpie?:confused:
I think that Kelpies have a more GSDish face to them, but mason has a ACDish face....IMO :)

AusCatDogs_4Ever

but please call me Aus.
jess2416 said:
I think that Kelpies have a more GSDish face to them, but mason has a ACDish face....IMO :)
Well their faces don't look GSD to me, but I agree that the body shape is closer to an ACDs, but it's coloring looks more like a Kelpie, lol. I was wondering what else it could be mixed with to get that fur length and color? The only other dog I can think of is maybe a Border Collie. I've seen a dog that was half ACD and half BC, and it looked just like Mason, exept it's fur was blue like an ACD's.

Thanks for the great replies; I think he's probably part Akita too. Good call.
We've had him over a week now and love him to death. We were training him to 'Stay' in the back yard yesterday with the gate open while we moved tree limbs out to the truck and he did pretty good. The couple times he did come out through the gate; he didn't run off.

He's not too tall; I measured him last night at 20 inches to the back 26 inches to the top of the head.

Members online

No members online now.