Hello!!

Kwest

Hey everybody:)

I just recently rescued an abused female german sheppard cross, I'm not sure what she's crossed with..But she's beautifull and why anybody would abuse her or any animal is something i'll never understand.

She's about 8 months old, She is a very good dog..She listen's well. Knows how to sit, Laydown, Lets me know when she has to go outside.

She is terrified to be outside any longer than what she has to be, I'm not really sure what she was through with the abusive owner..Except for abuse, But that could be a range of things.

I'm not sure about some things and i was hoping that maybe somebody could give me some advice, Seeing as she was abused as a young puppy..Will she grow out of it..Kinda forget about it? Are there any real ways of assuring her that when she is outside there is no danger present or around people in general? She takes to females pretty fast, But males she barks at and wants nothing to do with them. It took her about 3 weeks to come around to me, Now she almost knocks me over when walking through the door.

I hate the thought of the nice weather coming and only being able to take her out to do her buisness then back in she comes.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

zoe08

Welcome to the forum! Its wonderful that you could adopt her!!

I think that the best thing you can do is stay outside with her and give her toys and play with her, show her that it can be fun.

Brattina88

Kudos to you for adopting!! Do you have any pics? What's her name?

You've come to the right place, there are many of us here who've had experiances with rescues and training. Surviving abuse is something you never grow out of, or forget, but you do learn to get through it. It sounds like she'd thrive on some positive training and conditioning to the things she fears (re-socializing, carefully). You'll probably get more better and detailed advice if you post in the training or general forum.

Members online

No members online now.