The Venting Thread

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
The law here is that from November 1st to March 1st or until it's not freezing anymore, you cannot get gas or electric turned off for non-payment. But, if it's already off, you have to make a payment agreement and pay 1/12th of the balance to get it turned on. If you can't come up with 1/12 of the bill, you're out of luck.

It's a toasty 64F in my bed area right now :D
1/12th of your bill is $500?!!!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Somehow either the station dial got moved or the volume dial did - my alarm wasn't loud enough to wake me up this morning. This would not normally be a HUGE deal except last night I decided to take my contacts out and figured it wouldn't matter if I couldn't see the alarm clock because the alarm would go off. Well it mattered that I couldn't see the alarm clock. I slept in past 9:30... and I'm supposed to be at work at 9.
Thankfully I work at a place with co-workers who have all slept in past their alarms more than once, and they were all quite nice about it and were like "No problem, by the way the roads are icy, be careful!!"

The bigger vent: my friend's dad has been in the hospital and they found out he had a brain tumor. They did a biopsy on Friday and I've been waiting to hear the results. It was what I feared. 3 months to a year if they decide to pursue treatment. Massively unfair and I'm really upset and haven't even seen my friend because she's in a different city right now with her family, so I can't even hug her or cry with her right now.

Laptop is dying. :( Sending it to the shop when the box they're shipping us gets here. :( I will be without laptop for who knows how long. :yikes:

On the up side, at least I'll still have my iPod and phone but it's just not the same.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
We haven't had power since last night. No running water right now either. This sucks. We ended up heating up some beans on top of my landlords wood stove but the basement I live in is freezing cold. Dogs have extra blankets and I hope it's enough. This blows.

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
My great uncle (my dad's uncle) died yesterday. His funeral is on Friday.

We weren't close and I only seen him a couple of times a year when we would pull the fifth wheel out to his farm. It was a tradition. I have so many great memories out there. He had a 1/4 section of land (160 acres) and most of it was bush. So much fun. He always let me ride his horses. They where usually as holes because of lack of training and being rode but you learn how to stick on a horse bareback really quick.

He lived his own life. He was married but she died a long time ago. He didn't have a bathroom just a out house and never washed his dishes. It's not a life I would have wanted but he was happy. Never sick, and never stressed.

He spent the last 2 of his 92 years of life in a retirement home because he broke his hip. He fell off his roof trying to fix his TV antena.

He had a long life. Lives his own way and was happy.

It just sucks. Big time. I miss him.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
My great uncle (my dad's uncle) died yesterday. His funeral is on Friday.

We weren't close and I only seen him a couple of times a year when we would pull the fifth wheel out to his farm. It was a tradition. I have so many great memories out there. He had a 1/4 section of land (160 acres) and most of it was bush. So much fun. He always let me ride his horses. They where usually as holes because of lack of training and being rode but you learn how to stick on a horse bareback really quick.

He lived his own life. He was married but she died a long time ago. He didn't have a bathroom just a out house and never washed his dishes. It's not a life I would have wanted but he was happy. Never sick, and never stressed.

He spent the last 2 of his 92 years of life in a retirement home because he broke his hip. He fell off his roof trying to fix his TV antena.

He had a long life. Lives his own way and was happy.

It just sucks. Big time. I miss him.
I'm do sorry for your loss.

We still have no power. Almost 24 hours now.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I need to conserve battery on my phone but just wanted to pop in to say still no power. It's now been over 24 hours and I'm very frustrated and cold.

crazedACD

I need to conserve battery on my phone but just wanted to pop in to say still no power. It's now been over 24 hours and I'm very frustrated and cold.
I'm sorry :(. Went through that a few years ago with a bad snow storm-it really wears on you.

Are you able to call your electric company for an estimate on when power will be restored? If it says something like a few more days, at least you can start planning if you need to do something.

Grab

It was 28 mid-day today. This is just not acceptable:mad:

ETA that the person in charge of getting two of the doctors' gifts, which are usually baskets of gift certificates or somesuch, is collecting cash. "it isn't mandatory' but they keep harping. I never carry cash and while it's only $6, that's lunch on a day where I don't want to make something. Now I have to run $6 in on my day off:rolleyes:

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Loving this snow day although Thanks Beezer for the heart attack this morning. He went out and was all fired up because of the snow and he just ran and ran and ran for like 15 minutes straight and then he stopped suddenly and started walking to the house and just stopped in his tracks and had a really weird look on his face. I coaxed him into the house and he got totally disoriented and started staggering everywhere and almost falling down and had a look of panic on his face. after about 3 minutes he snapped out of it and was totally back to normal. At this point I think he got over heated (how you over heat in the snow I don't know lol) because I was petting him after he snapped out of it and he was so HOT. He's getting back down to a normal temp now. Everytime I feel his ears they are a little cooler than before. But man that was scary. he's on rest the remainer of the day and we'll be keeping a close eye on him

Members online

No members online now.