New pix and question

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Thought I'd share these two new pictures. Any input on them?

Question: I'm trying to biuld my portfolio and when doing this, is it normal to use like black and white or sepia pictures?

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I don't have too many. I have one of a friend in the snow, at a cemetary, and the one I just posted.

zoe08

What are you making a portfolio for?

Typically you want your portfolio to be all the same. When we did portfolios, in my senior portfolio photography class, my prof wanted ALL pictures to be color, or ALL to be B&W, etc.

You would therefore make a separate portfolio for your B&W images, and a different one for your color. Also, you would have a portfolio specific to portraits, and a separate one for "things" or whatever else you have.

At least this is the way I was taught in my photography classes.

However it also depends how you are making your portfolio. Are you actually making prints for a portfolio? Or making a gallery on a website? If you have a gallery on a website, that is very easy to just set up different galleries for each type of photography you do.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
What are you making a portfolio for?
I've just been told by many people that I should make a porfolio. So I am. lol

I haven't decided yet if I just want it to be on the computer or print something out.

Mer, I'm using the regular 18-55 lens that came with the camera. I can't stand that thing. :rofl1:

Very Nice Pics Lizmo.

I would also say it depends on what you want the portfolio for. If you are trying to get "customers" then you would want to show everything you can do for them... if it is for art purposes, i have no idea, :lol-sign:

But the pics are very very nice!!

Members online

No members online now.