Dog Has Sores

Budrbean

Anyone ever experience any type of skin sores with their dog? Ace has these sores popping up on his chest area, belly and crotch. I thought it was flea reaction but I put flea medication on him and they arent going away. They are now causing him to limp because they are bothering him. I first thought he hurt his leg but he shows no sign of discomfort on any legs when i move them or put pressure on them. So im guessing these sores in his "armpit" area are causing discomfort. I think im gonna go ahead and get him an appointment for the doc on Monday or Tuesday cause it seems to be getting worse. Anyone ever seen anything like this with their dog?

elegy

overdogged
not with my dogs, no, but i've seen it in other dogs. i'd get him in to the vet asap.

Budrbean

Ace spent all day at the vet today. They beleive the sores and redness are from a flea allergy. He is on 4 tabs of amoxocillin per day to help clear that up. Unfortunately with the limp, he has been diagnosed with Panosteitis.....a bone inflammation that can start young in large breed dogs. Vet said the x-rays showed it clearly in atleast one of his hind legs, but luckily it wasnt hip displacia. Pretty much he said that its a chance he will outgrow this, but then again he may just have to deal with it. For now he is on some pain meds to help him with his restlessness.

fillyone

But please, call me Barb
Dante has flea allergies and gets hot spots.
I use a 50/50 Apple Cider Vinegar/Water solution on them and they heal nicely.
Just be sure to get raw organic ACV, Braggs is a good one.

Members online

No members online now.