Does your dog enjoy it?

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
Does your dog enjoy being groomed? Pixie is a total doll when it comes to being groomed. When she gets her bath I think thats her less happy time but she does sit still and lets me move her around. When she is being brushed he enjoys it so much that her eyes get heavier and heavier and utnil she starts snoring standing up. She also does the same when she gets her nails clipped she is a dream.

I wouldn't say Tucker likes it but he tolerates it great. He hasent been clipped since we have had him because of money and we're extremly picky as to who we choose to be his groomer (too many horror stories). But he's not an extreme fuzz ball or anything lol yet. Though we did take him to petsmart awhile back with Pixie just to pamper them and get their nails clipped and their ears cleaned out. Right there we could totally see he came from a showdog home. He stood perfectly still didn't whine didn't move didn't twitch just just stood still and looked straight ahead.The groomer even commented on how wonderfully behaved he is on the table also considering he was a puppy.

So how are your dogs when they get groomed?

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Chloe likes it for a second and then she will give me THE LOOK and walk away..............

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Zeus doesn't like baths, but he still behaves like a gentleman. He'll just give me this horrible sad face the entire time. Brushing, he's good. Nail trimming is good as long as it's with a traditional clipper. He doesn't like the feeling of the dremel tools. He doesn't like his ears cleaned. He'll try to slink away when he sees the bottle of cleaning liquid. But he will tolerate it and behave well once you make it clear that he's not going to sneak out of it.

Zeus has such a beautiful face...I think that's one of the sweetest faces I've ever seen!!:D
Gempress said:
Zeus doesn't like baths, but he still behaves like a gentleman. He'll just give me this horrible sad face the entire time. Brushing, he's good. Nail trimming is good as long as it's with a traditional clipper. He doesn't like the feeling of the dremel tools. He doesn't like his ears cleaned. He'll try to slink away when he sees the bottle of cleaning liquid. But he will tolerate it and behave well once you make it clear that he's not going to sneak out of it.

Jack trembles the whole time. Chloe seems to enjoy it, she does get a little sick of it toward the end after the bath, drying and brushing.:rolleyes:
PixieSticksandTricks said:
Does your dog enjoy being groomed? Pixie is a total doll when it comes to being groomed. When she gets her bath I think thats her less happy time but she does sit still and lets me move her around. When she is being brushed he enjoys it so much that her eyes get heavier and heavier and utnil she starts snoring standing up. She also does the same when she gets her nails clipped she is a dream.

I wouldn't say Tucker likes it but he tolerates it great. He hasent been clipped since we have had him because of money and we're extremly picky as to who we choose to be his groomer (too many horror stories). But he's not an extreme fuzz ball or anything lol yet. Though we did take him to petsmart awhile back with Pixie just to pamper them and get their nails clipped and their ears cleaned out. Right there we could totally see he came from a showdog home. He stood perfectly still didn't whine didn't move didn't twitch just just stood still and looked straight ahead.The groomer even commented on how wonderfully behaved he is on the table also considering he was a puppy.

So how are your dogs when they get groomed?

Emma doesn't "enjoy" it however she is a little cooperative angel while getting it done. You can tell she is far from her happy little self though.

Grooming Moco is like pulling teeth.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Aubrey loves being brushed, especially with her Zoom Groom. She'll fall over on her side and lay there in bliss and nudge you to keep going when you stop. Hates having her nails done with a passion, but this last time she was so good and stood for me! Usually it takes Daniel holding her and me clipping. Not so hot on the baths, but she'll stand there for it.

Sawyer will stand for it all, but it's not his favorite thing. He *hates* the forced air dryer though and flips out over it; whines like a banshee in the drying cages too. He likes the ZG well enough, and seems to like the pin brush I got him. He likes it even better if I'm trying to brush someone else, then he really wants to be groomed!

They deal with it. They know they get treats for it, so they're pretty good. The border collie mix does hide when she sees the scissors though - she hates being clipped.

JFrick

Khaki hates baths. I can't keep her still while bathing her. Brushing her is a hastle also, not that she dislikes it, she just wants the brush so she can chew on it.

BH on the other hand loves both. He'll roll over for his belly to be brushed.

mojozen

bullie lover
Mojo learned to enjoy grooming when he realized it helped with the shedding itchiness around his neck. Now when I bring out my brushes, shedding blades, and stripping stone he will play bow to me - his universal response to everything pleasurable. Anyway, Mojo tolerates showers much better than baths, but won't tolerate nail trims at all. I don't even do them at home, i take him to a groomer to have his nails done every two - four weeks. It's an expense sometimes, but I just can't do it... my hands shake too much.

T

tessa_s212

None of my dogs enjoy grooming. With 4+ hours of it whenever they need a grooming, I don't blame them.

Adrienne

Gunnar loves a good brushing and can't stand being kept out of the bathroom when anyone is in the shower/bath. He would be bathing all the time if we allowed!

Neva doesn't need much grooming but she is a trooper when it's time.

Katya will run away the min. she sees the brush and detangling spray but is tolerant once you catch her and with all that hair theres a lot of chasing going on, especially now when she is blowing her coat.

bubbatd

Chip loves to be combed/raked/brushed/slickered except his tail .... he's good about it though when he's lying on his sides. Excellent in the shower stall , will go in on his own and doesn't need to be held.... especially loves the quilt and towels spread out on floor when it's over to roll on. He loves my hair dryer and in fact when I use it, comes in bathroom for a quickly fluffing.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Ripley loathes it and will put up a good struggle and game of "catch me if you can" (which involves crawling under the dining room table and grabbing madly for the slimy little brat!) but will tolerate it once he's actually been captured. He puts up a big fuss about having his feet trimmed, complete with growling and baring teeth, but it's all been just for show so far.

Dakota enjoys being brushed when he's tired. When he's awake, he'd rather be working.

Happy Tails Grooming

Dog Grooming Expert
PixieSticksandTricks said:
Does your dog enjoy being groomed? Pixie is a total doll when it comes to being groomed.
In my experience, most dogs enjoy it if they trust the groomer and are treated gently and with respect. It's like a massage, pedicure, getting your nails done and a haircut all at once!

Or should be :)

Brattina88

Missy hates baths, but she behaves very well. She loves to be brushed, especailly if I'm using the Zoom Goom. She'll flop around and go "arooOOOOooooOOOOoooo" with her eyes half closed, and smiling.

Maddie likes water, hates to be dried, loves to be brushed and pampered. She's my angel, which I'm super grateful for that because she is long haired and it does take so long.

Charlie really doesn't want anything to do with any of it. It's because his former owner never did anything with him, and she got him from a rescue where he was abused. Once I catch him, though, he's good. It took me a week to get him used to letting me touch his tail :/ But he's learning to like it

Melissa_W

Skye enjoys being brushed. He doesn't care for the bath part and he doesn't like having his nails clipped... but he tolerates it without too much of a fight.

Members online