Need vibes for Josh's Grandma

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Today might be the day... I hope not, but it might be.

First off, I LOVE Josh's grandma. She is such a sweet lady and so full of spunk. She just turned 96.

Anyways, we got a phone call at 2am that she is in the hospital with a 103 degree fever. Turns out she has pnemonia. Being how old and frail she is we are worried she isn't going to recover from this one.

So.... Vibes that either she miraculously gets better or that if she has to pass on that she does so with no pain and preferably in her sleep. I don't want to see her go at all, but she is 96 so I know it's coming unfortunately.

This may end up being a rough day. I'm going to bring some food for the dogs to work with me in case I need to rush to the hospital for some reason and end up leaving them at work.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Oh man Iam so sorry. If it is any consolation my grandfather died from pneumonia and it was rather quick and quite peaceful. If it is their time to go home that can sometimes be the easiest and most peaceful for them.

Praying for her and for you guys and the family.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Oh man Iam so sorry. If it is any consolation my grandfather died from pneumonia and it was rather quick and quite peaceful. If it is their time to go home that can sometimes be the easiest and most peaceful for them.

Praying for her and for you guys and the family.
Thank you everyone. Sparks this is comforting to know.

She still isn't doing well right now. I'm boarding my dogs at work tonight because I have to leave work early to go to the hospital. Josh and I want to go see her just in case things go more south. She's a tough old lady... you don't easily get to 96 years old without being tough... but she's been talking a lot lately about being ready to go and having lived her life.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I'm at the hospital right now with her. Josh and I are the only ones here with her right now. She seems to be doing a bit better and has been cracking jokes. The nurse and I took her to the bathroom since she didn't want to use the bedpan and then the nurse disappeared so of course she decided she had to poop lol. Her lips are so chapped so I put some first aid lip ointment on her lips and I'm just hanging out while she does a respiratory breathing treatment. She is stressed out right now because they took her for chest xrays a little bit ago without warning her that she needed xrays.

At least she is in good spirits right now and I'm waiting for my mother inlaw to show up with dinner. Ended up boarding my dogs at work tonight so we can stay at the hospital for a little while.

This lady is tough as nails I swear. Hopefully she stays strong and pulls through this.

When the respiratory guy came she thought he was a priest at first. She said, "I thought for sure he was coming because I was gonna die." I told her she is too young for that nonsense talk lol. She's 96.

Members online

No members online now.