Exercise routine?

Michiyo-Fir

Short walk in the morning (20-30 min). Long run in the evening, usually 1-2 hours. Most of the time it's fetch the whole time or dog chasing so she gets to run for the duration of that time.

JacksonsMom

We don't really have a specific routine, per say. But at least two nights a week we go to my dads house where there's a fenced in yard and other dogs, and he runs a lot. He likes to chase me on the four wheeler, lol (on the other side of the fence) and run at top speed. He does that for about 30 minutes twice a day usually when we're over visiting.

We do agility currently once a week. We try to get outside and do at least 15-20 mins of fetch/frisbee almost every day, weather permitting. Some nights we'll play fetch inside down the long hallway.

At least once or twice a week, we'll do a 5 mile walk in a local neighborhood circle. Otherwise, we'll do shorter walks.

Oh and in the summer he swims in the inground pool, a lot.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Not really a set schedule, though we both like to sleep well into the afternoon :p

I usually take her out in the afternoon for a 2-4 hour hike/swim/run, then my sister takes her out 3-5 times throughout the evening/night for about half an hour each time, for a walk around the neighbourhoods.

Anything less and she's hell to live with ;)

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
We walk around Petco/Petsmart/any other local pet stores. :p

Once or twice a week we get in a good run through the hospital complex by our apartment building. Any by run I mean he has 26 feet of flexi to work with, which is about all he needs. If we go more than about twice a week he just walks and will try to turn around and go home. Twice a week runs are his max.

My guy isn't a huge fan of exercise in general.

I don't really have a routine so much. In the summer I'm much more active, dog park multiple times a week, lots of biking and swimming and hiking almost everyday.

During the winter I get bad. I hate cold so they mostly make due with mental work and disc work right now. Though my hands are hurting holding onto chewed up discs.

And I do still do the dog park hike but not as often.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
We walk around Petco/Petsmart/any other local pet stores. :p
In the winter yeah, that's about the extent of our exercise too. I'm a wuss in the cold. My dog is a wuss in the cold.

Sometimes we'll go for really quick walks around the block, but definitely nothing that would even come close to tiring her out. It's mostly just so that I can feel less guilty, because then I can say "well, I DID take you for a walk today!" :eek:

She has grown to tolerate my laziness. Because she has no choice. :p

It depends a bit on the season. Right now, Pip and I hike at the dog park about 3 times a week, and the youngsters mush/scooter about 3 times a week. Give or take a day here and there.

spiffy

No specific routine really during weekdays. We would walk (and run) when I feel I need to, when I am not pressed for time and when I see that my dog is feeling antsy. But during weekends, my dog will expect a short early morning walk and a longer one in the evening.

Gypsydals

Right now its open the door and let him run for about 5 to 10 minutes a few times a day. Its cold out, and neither him nor I like it much. During the summer, there are walks sometimes morning and night. Lots and lots of running and playing in the pool.

Members online

No members online now.