Hypothetical next breed!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Just for funsies, obviously I'm not bringing another dog home anytime soon with WingNut around.

Anywho, just off the cuff things I want/need.

Need:
-quiet (apartment)
-no protective instincts/guarding tendencies
-generally gets along with other dogs/animals
-no banned breeds

Would like:
-higher energy level
-hardy, not intolerant to heat or cold
-water dog
-ball dog

Uhhh Uhhh that's all I can think of at the moment. No size requirement!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Also intelligence doesn't matter so much, I'd be happy with dumb and happy ;)

Not prone to reactivity/phobias/OCD.
No separation anxiety!!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Sounds about like what I want, only with or without protective instincts. lol

I'd say Labrador. Or Golden. I can't remember if you are a fan of Labs or not, but a good Golden Retriever is a pretty awesome dog. They're definitely water and ball dogs, with high energy, high sociability, and not really barkers, either!

Depending on how high energy you want, you could look into some of the other sporting breeds. And if you are wanting smaller, some of the spaniels might work. Field English Cocker, Field Spaniel, Brittany, one of the Springers...whatever floats your boat. They're all somewhat similar, but they're all different. I have a preference towards some than others, but other people lean the other way. lol

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Lab was my first thought. Or a golden. Actually I think quite a few of the gundogs could work well.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Yeah a Lab or Golden would probably work well. Not field bred per se but more working/companion bred.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
*get-a-lab-puppy-so-I-can-live-vicariously-through-you*

:D

That is all. Just be sure to get a yellow one so I won't be as tempted to steal it from you. ^^

Saeleofu

Standard poodle (no size limit you said!) or golden spring to mind. Goldens can be clingy and a bit nervy in my experience, but you should be able to find one from a good breeder that isn't like that.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Golden! They're silly and fun, and a good one is athletic, drivey, and intense without a tendency towards reactivity.

SaraB

Oooooooo! I totally vote Standard Poodle.

ETA: What about a field spaniel? Or Boykin Spaniel. I like those because their names are fun to say. Boooooykin. Just kidding, they are pretty cool dogs too.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I really like both Goldens and Labs. I think if I went with a lab I would probably just go through rescue, there are always so many adolescent labs in rescue! Goldens I love (there is a local obedience golden with his OTCH+other things that I would take in a heartbeat!), and would absolutely own. The idea of trying to find a breeder in such a popular breed seems so daunting (and I'm lazy). I know of one breeder of working goldens that I absolutely love, though I feel like I'm not the caliber of owner that they work with. Who knows, it's hypothetical!

I don't want a Standard Poodle :/ I love their personalities and smarts but seriously, I don't want to deal with the health issues. I'd be such a nutcase thinking they were dying every other day.

I freaking adore Brittanys! I love their size, and all the ones I've met are on the quieter side, and they have tons of energy! Are they normally ball/water dogs?

Members online

No members online now.