Blue Buffalo Puppy

TainaPR

Is this food any good or am I just over paying for a no good food? Im no expert on dog food but I do know that supermarket and most pet shop food are no good.

So when Taina's breeder told us he was feeding her Eukanuba I decided not to continue it. Instead I purchased a small bag of Nutro Natural and I must say my baby clearly improved. She was quite thin, her black coat dull and full of dandruff. Before the month was up she was virtually dandruff free, good weight and her black coat looked healthy and quite shiny. Her stools werent quite firm so I decided to look at something better.

I decided on the blue buffalo Chicken recipe for puppies (pink bag). She had no problem transitioning to this food and her dandruff continued to clear up and her stools did firm up, her coat continues to have the same shine as with Nutro.

What other signs should I look for in order to knnow if this food is agreeing with her?

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Sounds like you're on the right track. A nice coat, no eye boogers, maintaining weight, no digestive issues (loose stools, vomiting, excessive gas)... good signs that they are doing a-okay with what they're eating.

Juno did fantastic on Blue Buffalo. In theory, no it might not be the "BEST" food out there, but she did awesome on it and it sounds like it's working for your pup too. I don't have Juno on it at the moment, but I'm probably going to put her back on it because the other foods she's been on since then, have not given us good results like BB did.

TainaPR

Ok, good to know.

One thing that you mentioned does have me thinking. Since we purchased Taina shes always been a bit teary eyed. No eye boogers but she does tear alot. Is this something allergy related?

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
From my experience, Blue Buffalo is a good food. I personally can't afford to feed it (and feel I can get a similar quality food for half the price elsewhere), but all of the dogs I have known that have been on it have done great.

Teary eyed may be allergy related, but it could also just be genetics. Some smaller breeds seem to tear a LOT. A good diet can help, but it may not solve the problem. I think wiping her face off with a warm cloth each day will be your best bet to avoid tear stains.

Members online

No members online now.