Christmas is sucky this year.

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
I'm so not in the Christmas spirit.

I've been alone at home today, and Matt won't be home from work until about 9. Tomorrow morning we get up at 5am to drop Matt off at work at 7:30am, and I go to my parents. Sometime mid-afternoon my parents are leaving me alone at home to go to my Aunts and I sit at their place alone until Matt gets off work at 7pm. Then we drive back home. Woo.

When Matt gets off work on the 28th he's driving up to his dad's (and taking Sierra with him, because she loves it there), and because I'm working I'm missing out on that. I'll be alone until New Years Eve. Oh ya, of which I have no idea what we're doing for that either.

I'm cranky and totally not Christmassy. I do not like.

/rant

Miakoda

I've been struggling this Christmas as well. I just don't feel very happy and "in the spirit". I've been trying to go through the motions in the hopes that everything will kick in, but.....nope.

To top it off, my kids have done nothing but argue, fight, and talk back today. ugh

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
I'm not feeling it either hun. No snow. Christmas camp was cancelled as my ski hill lacks snow. No time to gear up to Christmas as exams only ended on last friday.. and I've been riding out for days ever since. Patients keep asking if I'm ready for Christmas. Honestly I had no time to shop..

I'm back on rideout's for the the 30th and the next four days so I'll spend new years trying not to get puked on by overly intoxicated people. Oh joy.

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm usually all about Christmas at least a month in advance, but I don't even want to play Christmas music tonight! Blah.

I'm not feeling it either hun. No snow. Christmas camp was cancelled as my ski hill lacks snow. No time to gear up to Christmas as exams only ended on last friday.. and I've been riding out for days ever since. Patients keep asking if I'm ready for Christmas. Honestly I had no time to shop..

I'm back on rideout's for the the 30th and the next four days so I'll spend new years trying not to get puked on by overly intoxicated people. Oh joy.
Matt's off New Years this year, he's looking forward to the night without drunko-s! And we have 3 years before we can look forward to him having Christmas off, but I'm looking forward to that. Maybe I can be Christmassy once the little one is old enough to remember, and we can have a proper celebration together.

Put me on the list.

My cat was just diagnosed with kidney failure on thursday. Very unusual for a 6yr old, usually happens in their teens. She is just starting to lose weight, hopefully I still have some time left with her. :(

Annnd the money I had saved up for a fence? Yeah, now the vet has it. :(

Is christmas/2011 over yet? Please?

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
My preceptor is all WHEEE CHRISTMAS!!!!! Seems to be because he's now got two itty bitty little ones. A three month old and a two year old. The two year old is super excited, making him super excited..

I think you may be more whee Christmas even without Matt, with a little one to dress up and decorate for ;)

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
This year has been quite a surreal experience, especially leading up to the holidays. The economy is in the tank and expenses are up. My company is being purchased with closing due sometime in January, so who knows what that may bring. Everything has seemed rushed and we're simply "not ready" for Christmas. Plus put me on the list of "kids are fighting nonstop". Add to that the stomach flu running it's way through my family.

I need to stop and remember that it's not about me and remember what Christmas is about, though. Going to church tonight helped. I just finished baking a couple of pumpkin pies, too, so that helps to "center" me. Just have to keep Xena away from her stocking full of treats and toys the rest of the night now :)

Ah, no job, no severance, no pay for this last month when I've been clearing crap out of the store (which I basically expected), house a total disaster area, front porch full of furniture to go inside whenever I can get things cleared out enough to do it . . . Nope, not feeling it either, but I've gotten kind of used to that over the last several years.

My Christmas season highlight is baking Bob's birthday cake and taking it to him. He gets more thrilled over that than anyone has ever been over all the lavish Christmases I've ever pulled together. :)

Members online

No members online now.