Casserole/Hot Dish Recipes

Lately, I've been making casseroles/hot dishes to take to work - I make the whole thing, and then portion out lunches and freeze them. It's a lot cheaper than going out to eat every day!

I was wondering if anyone had any good recipes they would be willing to share? I'm up for pretty much anything! The only thing I don't eat is poultry - so no chicken, turkey, etc. My two current favorites are a tater tot hotdish, and a cheesy potato hot dish.

Thanks!

CaliTerp07

What about a pot pie? My recipe is with chicken, but I don't see why you couldn't substitute ham or beef in instead.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
PTA Casserole. it's easy, it's cheap, it's delicious and it makes a TON of food

1 box of elbow macaroni

1 lb of ground beef

green pepper
onion
mushrooms
(you can pretty much add whatever you like)

crushed tomatoes

Cook ground beef

cook macaroni

blend together with crushed tomatoes (I used two big cans of crushed tomatoes), green pepper, onion, mushrooms. Add some cheese (as much or as little as you like). season to taste. mix well and pour into a casserole dish. Top with some extra cheese

Bake in oven for 20 minutes at 425 F

MicksMom

An old family favorite (it's very similar to a pot pie)

Easy Chicken & Stuffing

3 ½ pound chicken (boneless, skinless chicken breast works great!)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 package Stove Top Stuffing

Cook & de-bone chicken. Cut in bite size pieces. Combine soups (un-diluted) in a casserole. Add chicken pieces. Prepare stuffing & put over chicken/soup mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.

• This is a great way to use left over Thanksgiving turkey.
• It’s even better left over!
• My family likes this even more when I double the stuffing & add an extra can of soup (3 cans total or one family size and one regular size can).

milos_mommy

Enchiladas! I use black beans and rice, but have used hamburger too (cook it with a can of tomato sauce, like the goya little cans), roll in tortillas, pour a mixture of sour cream and more tomato sauce and cheese over it (I put cheese inside too), add hot peppers if you like (I use chipotle usually) and bake 'em! So good.

Members online

No members online now.