Meet the maybe

BostonBanker

Today I was able to get Meg and Jazz (the dog I am considering for my second dog) together for about 6 hours today. It went better than I expected, although to Meg, hanging out at my friend's house with random dogs is a normal day; allowing them into her house is likely going to be very different. But the goal for right now is to get them accustomed to each other's presense in a neutral place first. I'm going to feed the dogs for my friend Monday evening, so they will get to interact again then, and if that goes well, I may try bringing her to my house for a day or two next weekend.

If we can work things out with her and Meg, I think she is absolutely ideal for what I want. She's the size I like (little - I'd guess 18"), coat type, super toy drive, submissive and snuggly with people, housebroken and well crate trained.... I admit, it's going to be tough to say no if I don't think I can keep both her and Meg happy, but I'm very lucky to have a friend who is willing to help me make it work however she can, and who I also trust completely to find her the right home if I can't take her.

So without further ado:

Zoom

Twin 2.0
*in love*

Meg, let me talk to you for a second. Now, you know we love you and you know your mom adores and dotes on you beyond what is considered a sane level. So with that in mind, I think you should suck it up and love this new dog. It will make your mom happy. She will buy you more awesome things. That will make you happy. You will pose for amazing awesome pictures with Maybe, which will make us happy. It's an all-around win situation. I'm glad we had this talk.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
WOW Maybe is IMPRESSIVE! SHE looks lit within like RD's Eve.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
She's a doll!

Here's hoping Meg cooperates and accepts her. Believe me, I know what a pain that can be--I feel for you. It will be fine though--I'm having Jack beam some of his ubber dog-friendly vibes Meg's way as we speak.....

F

FluffyZooCrew

Oh wow, she's beautiful! Fingers crossed that everything works out perfectly for you guys!

BostonBanker

Thanks guys. I'm really hoping it all works out. She's been on sheep a few times before, she leaps about 6 feet into the air for a frisbee, and I think she will be an absolute blast at agility. I figure it'll take me about 4 years to learn to run a dog like her, so she should be ready to go about the time Meg is slowing down;).

Is she pure BC? Do you know?
No idea. She was originally a stray, picked up with what was assumed to be her littermate, who was a fluffier blue merle male. She's been living the last 9 months or so on the horse show circuit, but just doesn't want that life. I think there is a chance there may be a bit of sheltie in there - she's so little, and a few people have thought that seeing her. But she acts all BC for sure. And it's so hard to tell with them, being so varied in appearance.

elegy

overdogged
oh she's lovely. i really hope that things will work out for all of you.

Dekka

Just try me..
she looks all BC to me. I have met a few female purebred BC who are exactly that size and shape. LOVE the ears.

WOW Maybe is IMPRESSIVE! SHE looks lit within like RD's Eve.
My first thoughts exactly!

Even if Meg is a little bitchy about her at home for awhile, once she gets over herself she'll find out it's good to have a buddy. Bimmer, who was the original NO OTHER DOGS sort has decided this multi-dog thing is pretty sweet. ;)

Remember, once you get her home, if Meg figures out that by being a bitch she can make Maybe go away, it will be harder the next time.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
She looks pretty much Border Collie to me. Her body shape/structure looks identical to Blazes.

She's gorgeous. I hope it works out!

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
I have seen purebred BCs that look like Maybe. Ohh.. and someone wants to say something...

Hi Meg, this is Kiba. Let mom get another dog, you will be able to get away with nomming them (really mom I'm correcting them), stealing toys and making the other dogs cry, wait until mom leaves the room and steal everyone's food because you can. I think that is it.... I just give the sad look to mom "but I was here first" and I get away with everything, so play it to your advantage. Good luck having a new minion to serve you!

Members online

No members online now.