So...I think I bought a horse/dog hybrid...

Kayla

...because Duke is just sprotuing like a weed!!! He turned 6 months old yesterday and currently weighs 47 pounds and is 22-23inchs measuring from the ground up his front leg to his shoulder!

Training and everything else has gone wonderfully and I still can't believe what a focused puppy I have. He graduated puppy school at 3 months of age and is now going back to basic obidence next week. Originally I only planned on doing basic obidence and then starting agility; however considering he just loooves to work in ever sense of the word i've decided to do all three levels of obidence with him as well as agility.

At home he's wonderful with all of my other pets and adoores our two cats even though they hate him and try and kill him any time he walks by. Max our big alpha cat can walk up to him when he's eating and Duke will look over and run to the living room and lie down with his head on the ground submissively until max finish's sniffing his food. He also enjoys watching all of the reptiles in their cages and I occasionally bring them out for him to sniff ( he's always kept on harness and lesh just incase) and he cocks his head to one side while wagging his tail as if to say, "thats one wierd looking dog".

I have been bringing him to puppy socalization classes for the last 3 months and have seen wonderful improvement in his temperment around other dogs. He's now much more calm around most dogs and went from growling whenever other puppies at the class ( especially the labs because their so silly) would try and jump on him or lick his face, to actually meeting other dogs on his own and sniffing them and then he likes to walk around with them for ahwile and then he wanders off especially the larger ones ( even though he outgrew all of the other puppies a month ago) . He dosen't really try and play with them not in the sense that I see most dogs play but I can just tell by his body langauge his much more relaxed and at ease, he just dosen't have much intrest in them.

It's a little odd I suppose as all of the other puppies look like their having so much fun and he just dosen't want to partake in it, but I guess it's ok because he has lots of fun with me and his one best dog friend that he actually plays with that belongs to my best friend so it works out.

Here's a little photo chain of Duke from age 9 weeks up until now so everyone can see what I'm talking about his ridiculous speedy growth

Age: 16 weeks old, Weight:35-36lbs ( yes he actually had a 9-10lb growth spurt in the period of 5 weeks)

Kayla

Age 20 weeks old, Weight:42lbs ( Gypsy is the only dog Duke will rough house and play with)

Age 24 weeks old, Weight: 47lbs (yes thats the same table from early shots, it measures 21'' and he's taller then it)

Thanks for looking
Kayla

skyeboxer

What a beautiful boy and such a glossy coat. What are you feeding him? You may have to cut out the oats. LOL

Kayla

Lol yes after much trial I've discovered he seems to eat primarely like a dog so the horse genes must only be affecting his size. He's on wellness puppy right now and eats 4 cups a day.

Kayla

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I love a dog that loves to work. You've been blessed for sure. HE is quite the handsome lad.

sisco16

koda bear
very pretty dog i was wondering if that was a senegal parrot in the background i would love to see pics. :) i just recently got one and i know how much fun they can be.

Kayla

Hey Sisco ya he is a 3 year old Sennie, their alot of fun but alot of work to, at least you have your dogs to offset their at times very selfish nature as their like cats times 1000 in the sense that you serve them lol but hes still alot of fun and full of silly antics. I have some pics posted here if you wanna see some.

http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43491

Kayla

eddieman3

Just wondering My dog is a mutt (The said border collie, labrador, I think pitbull.)so i really don't know how big he's going to get but right now he's a little more than three months and weighs 34 lbs. how big do you think he's going to be.

eddie at 9 weeks

eddie at about 3 months

Eddie about 14 weeks

Kayla

Hmm it's really hard to say with mixes, if he is lab and border collie as they said I guess anywhere from 60-70lbs maybe less maybe more.

I'm still unsure of how big duke will get full grown but I'm thinking a tall 70-90lbs, maybe 100lbs but I think that would be pushing it for him.

He's a cutie though I can sorta see pittie in the face but their are many breeds that can produce similar looks.

Kayla

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Duke is gorgeous! He has a beautiful coat and such a great look to him!

Eddie: I can actually see the lab/border; many lab puppies looks pittish when younger, but the markings seem dead-on BC. I'd be looking for a 50-65 pound dog when grown, depending on how huge of a lab the dad was.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I just love all the pics! It's so nice going back and seeing how they've grown and changed.

Members online

No members online now.