Help me ID a dog breed?

ailove

Hi. I'm new to the forums :) I wanted to know if anyone could help me ID a really pretty dog I saw? Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take a picture, but I'll try to describe it as best I can.

The dog looked a little like an unusually large pomeranian, but less fluffy/shorter hair. It looked a lot like a fox, in color and size (although I can't remember if it had white in its coat or not), was not as slender as a fox, and had a shorter muzzle--its face looked somewhere in between a fox's and a pomeranian's.

Is this just an unusually large, shorter-haired pomeranian, or is there a breed that looks like this? Thanks!

PoodleMommy

Yorkie Love
It is hard to tell from your description.

The only thing I could think of was a shiba inu but possibly because I am a bit obsessed with them at the moment.

I cant figure out how to insert a photo but if you google shiba inu photos you can see them.

ailove

Thanks for your response. The shiba inu is a beautiful breed, but I don't think the dog I saw was one of those. Or, if it was, it was at least a mix. I can't recall what its tail looked like, but its face was more fox-like or pomeranian-like than the shiba inu's, and it had less (if any) white in its coat. I'm stumped. It's been bugging me for a while. Thanks again for the response though.

PoodleMommy

Yorkie Love
Wow pretty dogs, I had never heard of them... it does kinda look like what she is explaining... hopefully your right.

I know how frustrating it is to see a pretty dog and not know what it is.

ailove

Thanks again for the replies. The dog I saw did look a lot like the Finnish Spitz. It looked like what I imagine the puppies would look like if you bred one of those with a really orange pomeranian, but the look of the Spitz comes really close. Maybe it was some kind of cross-breed like Stoyank said. The dog I saw was the same color as the Spitz but had a slightly more slender face and neck. Maybe some guy just had a pet fox :D

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
A chow chow perhaps. they come in a short coat...and many poorly bred Chow's resembe a more Pom or spitz type around the head/muzzle.

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
My thought from the description was Shiba or Finnish Spitz . . . but it could also be a mutt or a speciality mix.

A lot of people seem to think Sarama must be purebred because she's "pretty". She's not. (well, she is pretty, but not purebred) She's a mystery mutt. I've seen some drop dead gorgous mixes, whether intentional or no that looked like their own breed.

Members online

No members online now.