Returning a dog to the breeder - Questions/Rant

SkyRock

To be fair, the email Red Chrome originally posted stated that she dropped the dog off to a new home after picking him up from Teal
Oops! Totally missed that part. Was it clear how long the puppy stayed there? Still, it is impossible for a puppy to get that emaciated in just 2 days.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Oops! Totally missed that part. Was it clear how long the puppy stayed there? Still, it is impossible for a puppy to get that emaciated in just 2 days.
According to Teal's words in post #50, the puppy was picked up on the 29th which is the day Dianna took those pictures.

Barbara!

No, it's not. If a puppy is lean to begin with, and denied food for two days, depending on the metabolism, a puppy certainly CAN look like that in two days. Their weights fluctuate quite rapidly.

Romy

Taxiderpy
No, it's not. If a puppy is lean to begin with, and denied food for two days, depending on the metabolism, a puppy certainly CAN look like that in two days. Their weights fluctuate quite rapidly.
But it wasn't two days. That was day of pickup. There are two days between Teal's most recent pictures (which many people agree don't show a puppy at a healthy weight) and Dianna's pictures.

TahlzK

She gave photos of the puppy's condition while he was with her. We see that he was good while in her care, and bad in the photos taken by the breeder. Make your own deductions from that. But no one here can make such serious accusations on the "proof" the breeder brings to the table when Teal brings just as valid proof. No one here can believe the breeder and then deny Teal...when they both have photographic evidence of the puppy. So, what do we know for sure? He was in good condition in the photos while with Teal... And in bad condition when with the breeder afterwards. Make your own deductions, but no one can accuse Teal of abuse and malnourishment the way RedChrome is doing. She is also shamefully dragging her personal life and children into this. This is obviously a personal agenda and vendetta that RedChrome has against Teal and has NOTHING to do with this **** puppy.
Great post!!

Romy

Taxiderpy
That post doesn't address the fact that:

A: many people who have seen the pictures DON'T feel that the most recent ones show the puppy in a good weight.

B: We're assuming Dianna and Teal's most recent pics are two days apart based on Teal's word because her's are missing timestamps. I'm willing to give that to Teal, but it would really help her case if they weren't missing. SevinSins explained how she can fix that in his post.

My personal conclusions have NOTHING to do with RC. NOTHING. I have never met her. She's as much of a random internet person as Teal is to me.

They have everything to do with the actual evidence we have so far and with the breeder themselves (who I do know and isn't a random internet person).

Teal

...ice road...
Well I missed SevenSins' post about fixing the time stamps. Not surprising.

Now that I have a killer migraine from the stress of dealing with you insane internet people for hours on end, this apparent animal abuser/neglector (which isn't a word, says my spell check)/"whatever the hell else I am" is going to attempt to find a spot in my bed that three of my poor, neglected, abused dogs took over because their own leather couch, futon, and all the dog beds weren't good enough ;)

TahlzK

^ Those poor, horrible abused dogs, getting everything they need, a comfy comfy bed, many other choices of sleep spots.. And when they rise, I'm sure plenty of fun will follow.

Barbara!

Mine get to sleep in their kennels without blankets. And in the morning I take them outside and Baloo is tied outside until its time for food... The horror.

TahlzK

^ That is so cruel!

My poor didlims get the choice between the futon, chair, a crate, three dog beds... But the bed is off limits most nights, lol.

Then the evil one gets tied up for 8 hours!

If I'm mean enough I'll allow them on the bed..

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Oh wow... 42 pages?!?! Amazing.

I love your dogs Teal. they're gorgeous and always look in top condition. Lean? Maybe. But the average dog owner keeps their dogs obese from day one... and the poor dogs suffer for it. Working at a pet hotel I saw many puppies go from nice and lean to painfully thin within a couple days, just due to stress and not eating. I'm not excusing the pictures of Bullseye, but I cannot believe that Teal intentionally starved that puppy. He looks happy and beautiful in all of her pictures.

I find it really creepy that 42 pages have been dedicated to bullying and making personal attacks on Teal. When she gets charged with animal cruelty, lmk. Otherwise this to me is simply a case of someone being nosey and a breeder getting defensive and trying to defend their name/dogs by making Teal look bad. :/

Teal, you just can't win with some people. They were berating you in the first place for returning a puppy who didn't suit you... OF COURSE when they find pictures of a skinny puppy it turns into a field day! I love Chaz but it's really redundant and hurtful when a thread turns into a virtual gangbang.

TahlzK

Oh wow... 42 pages?!?! Amazing.

I love your dogs Teal. they're gorgeous and always look in top condition. Lean? Maybe. But the average dog owner keeps their dogs obese from day one... and the poor dogs suffer for it. Working at a pet hotel I saw many puppies go from nice and lean to painfully thin within a couple days, just due to stress and not eating. I'm not excusing the pictures of Bullseye, but I cannot believe that Teal intentionally starved that puppy. He looks happy and beautiful in all of her pictures.

I find it really creepy that 42 pages have been dedicated to bullying and making personal attacks on Teal. When she gets charged with animal cruelty, lmk. Otherwise this to me is simply a case of someone being nosey and a breeder getting defensive and trying to defend their name/dogs by making Teal look bad. :/

Teal, you just can't win with some people
Nice post.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.

Now that I have a killer migraine from the stress of dealing with you insane internet people for hours on end, this apparent animal abuser/neglector (which isn't a word, says my spell check)/"whatever the hell else I am" is going to attempt to find a spot in my bed that three of my poor, neglected, abused dogs took over because their own leather couch, futon, and all the dog beds weren't good enough ;)
So I'm still wondering....

Is the skinny puppy in the pics the pup that you had possession of?
Did he look like that when he left your care? If not, what exactly was his body condition?

Paige

Let it be
When people care about what they are talking about things often get heated. I have no real opinion of any of this other than that puppy looks terrible in the breeders pictures of it and whoever did that to him in my opinion should NOT be caring for any other living being. Neglect is abuse and being able to allow an animal to get to that condition does not happen over night. I fear for the safety of any living being subject to the risk of being taken care of by whatever human allowed it as well as said person's mental health.

However, I don't know enough background or anyone involved to get out my torch and pitchfork. As someone who doesn't know anything really about the OP its hard to th ink you'd even send a dog back to a breeder looking that rough. Why not just let it pass on? But why the heck would a breeder do that to her dogs when her reputation would be on the line, have it go public and have even more attention drawn to the fact? Too confusing for my preggo brain to keep up with.

yoko

I know you like stuff being directly quoted.

You could solve this whole issue in your favor very quickly if what you're saying is true. Re-upload the photos to Photobucket. This time, click on the upper right hand side where it says "Customize your upload options" and UNcheck the box next to "Permanently remove information about where my photos were taken..

RD

Are you dead yet?
I don't even know what to make of this thread.

After reading through some of it... I don't believe for a second that the breeder of that Fila puppy OR Red Chrome would spend so much time and effort into manipulating photos just to make a puppy buyer look bad. Seems like a lot is going on behind this drama.

Members online

No members online now.