More Mice And A Couple Of The Cats

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
First off gotta say I have such "soft" cats lol. Probley because they are all indoor cats and never encountered live prey. But they all get along with the rabbits and have no urge to attack or eat them. And I introduced the mice to the cats today. Smidgeon was the biggest fan and kept trying to rub his face on Tiva (broken Brindle mouse). Wicked was scared of them (as she is the rabbits) and Emmett like Smidgeon was curious but not wanting to eat or injure the mice.

Of course I kept the mice in my hands. And none of the "small and furries" are ever left unsupervised with the cats or dogs. Now for the pics!

Tiva (on left.... most likely pregnant) and Indie on the right (also female).

Just Tiva

Constantly on the move Indie

*more*

PixieSticksandTricks

Not what it looks like

Best picture of the girls together so far!

Now for a couple of the cats. Just Emmett and Smidgeon. Wicked was being a brat about the camera. And Quincy is still MIA (~~~come home Quincy~~~).

Just a couple of the boys this evening.

Emmett

Smidgeon chilling in the dirty old crate (result of pipe bursting in the basement).

*One More*

What preety meeces! I definitely see little eepers on the way from Tiva! Though I thought the same thing from a girl i had and she never did have babies.

PixieSticksandTricks

Thanks! And I totally agree :D

What preety meeces! I definitely see little eepers on the way from Tiva! Though I thought the same thing from a girl i had and she never did have babies.
Yeah im just gonna keep an eye on her for a few weeks. See if that belly grows or not. Or if I wake up one morning to pups!

If not she will probley go on a mousey diet. She doesent seem sick or I would take her to my exotics vet (where I take my rabbits). But I was advised not to take her to the vet unless im positive she is sick (sick with worms ect). Because if I bring her in healthy I could bring her home sick.

She is a active perky girl with a soft clean coat and bright eyes. She is alittle less active than Indie (who I think is in her "teen stage" because she refuses to sit still). But she is far from lethargic.

Im also hoping that Indie will take on a nanny position. They are pretty bonded. I would hate to seperate them. Im about 80% sure there wouldn't be any complications.

For those who don't know sometimes pairs of female mice raise their pups together. Sometimes both have litters and they share care of them. And sometimes only one has a litter and the other female brings her food or helps groom the pups ect. Usually it goes well. But occasionally problems arise.

So yeah im thinking she's either prego or just fat. Only time will tell I suppose. Though I gotta say it would be interesting to see what colors her pups would be.

babymomma

Remembering Casey ♥
They are all so adorable!

I miss my mice alot :( When my younger female had pups the older female that was experienced with babies (She was bred over and over to feed a snake) helped tink out alot. Its wonderful to watch them. I loved when my females were preggo. They got alot of special treatment with there diets.

PixieSticksandTricks

Thanks everyone :).

I personally prefer pet mice to gerbils and hamsters. They are alot less prone to bite and tend to tame easier. Atleast in my experience. I had two male mice (seperate tanks) when I was growing up. They both lived many years and died of natural causes. But they were the coolest. My black one "Comet" would just ride me around the house for hours. Just hanging on my shirt or top of my head.

I hope to get a breeder mouse someday. Their is a reputable breeder of fancy mice not too far from me. And we have started emailing, she doesent have any pregnant females at the moment. But I plan to get a pup from her next litter.

Thats if Tiva isn't pregnant herself. If she is I plan to keep most of the females (depending on number in the litter). Or maybe a male seperate, if color or personality catches my eye.

That is the only bad thing about having a lot of males in a litter, most of them time they don't get along. I don't even try to keep males together, cause I had two who seemed to do perfectly fine together in a 20 gallon tank, but one night I woke up to loud squeaking, and one was dead.

Members online

No members online now.