Ceasar M. has his own mag

Lolas Dad

Accuse me of leaving a dog to be gassed, and then when I post what happened not even so much as an "oh sorry'...

Must be nice to have all the answers :D
I did not accuse you of having the dog gassed. Perhaps you did not read my [post. I wanted to point out to you what is happeneing in sheltaers all across america. Obviously you missed the point and that is all I am going to say in this thread. No need to respond as it will not be answered.

Dekka

Just try me..
LOL .. well if that is the case when why do any of us post with you? So far you have done a great job of ignoring questions, implications etc.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
If you weren't insinuating that the dog may have been gassed then what was the point of bringing gassing up in that particular post? :confused:

elegy

overdogged
i too had a dog with minor SA (my little poodle). my living arrangements were such that she could go to work with me every night, and i tried to do most of my grocery shopping on the way home from work (early morning) so it was cool enough to leave her in the car.

she didn't do physical damage to herself, but she'd poop and pace through it for hours and hours whether she was left crated or left in a room. she was incredibly stressed. if i left her with a babysitter she was better but still not comfortable. because she was ancient (15 when i got her) mostly i just managed her. it was hard. i would not want to do it again.

when i look at rescue applications and it says what behavior problems would you be willing to work with, which are out of the question, i have to say that SA is something that i cannot consider. there are a lot of things i'm capable of dealing with, but significant SA isn't one of them.

BostonBanker

There is nothing I can say that Dekka, CP, Laurelin, and others haven't said already. I help out with my friend's rescue, which mainly pulls dogs from southern shelters. You take the word of the shelter sending the dogs as to what they are like. Many are really nice dogs who may have a behavior issue or two that needs working through, and then are very adoptable. And a few are just wrong. Until you have interacted with a dog who is clearly so uncomfortable in their own body that they can't function as they should as a species, you don't know what it is. There are dogs who clearly need to be released from the constant torment they live in. Those who can do it peacefully and without letting their own emotions cloud their judgement, as Dekka did, are to be commended for bringing peace to an animal who can not find it in the world.

Doberluv

Wow, I went to town today...quite a drive, then came home and took my dogs on a hike, then cleaned my house and just now came on Chaz. And I can't believe what a tangent this thread has gone on. Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha... When I left, there were only about 5 or 7 pages and WOW, just wow!

What a lot of nonsense LD! Are you for real? Surely you jest. :cool: Gosh, that must make me a horrible animal hater because I have come to the mind that I almost wish there were no no-kill shelters. I wish they euthanized more dogs....the ones that, even with no behavior problems, don't get adopted for long, long periods of time...or never. There they are, in concrete cells, alone, with barking dogs near by, but limited social contact. The shelter workers can't possibly give every dog what he needs or deserves, which is a loving home. To think of these dogs, languishing in a prison cell breaks my heart. They'd be better off quickly euthanized.

The thing about dogs and other animals is that they don't realize a future. They don't move forward and backward through time. They don't know. It is a kindness, IMO, to put a dog down, quickly and painlessly rather than to keep him only physically alive, while his soul dies.

And to prolong the life of a dog with severe behavior issues, mental issues, torment and unhappiness, which even very good trainers can't bring around significantly, is the ultimate cruelty.

It is also the ultimate cruelty to not just one dog, but to many, many more, who, because of inordinant amounts of time spent, trying to fix a psychotic dog, all those others with mild behavior problems are being euthanized when they could have been saved....because there simply aren't enough people to deal with all the dogs in shelters. There ARE dogs that have behavior issues so severe that it is impractical, ridiculous and unkind to pretend that you can save them all. To think that every dog can be rehabilitated is delusional. What kind of experience and education do you have in animal behavior and training dogs specifically? I'm just wondering because of your responses. They don't make sense to me. Oh well.

So, before you criticise people here, who are involved in this very thing, and many of whom are top notch trainers, take a step back from these unreasonabe expectations and your apparent sense of omnipotence.
Apparently, you aren't familiar with the state of affairs in shelters. Because of the delusion that you're thinking of all dogs' welfare by not euthanizing any of them, you are continuing to be misguided in the facts and actually doing harm to dogs by your thinking...if you were to have anything to do with such decisions. :(

It was a kindness to euthanize a dog such as the jrt described by Dekka. It would be ridiculous to continue trying to fix him. He was a small dog, but a large dog could really be deadly. No human life is worth the risk of being attacked, maimed and killed by a dog so unstable. And to attempt to make her feel rotten about her choice is not only a show of being uninformed and unknowledgable about dog behavior, it's also just plain ornery. Are you a troll by any chance? This was about a magazine, wasn't it?:rofl1:

Last edited:
I did not accuse you of having the dog gassed. Perhaps you did not read my [post. I wanted to point out to you what is happeneing in sheltaers all across america. Obviously you missed the point and that is all I am going to say in this thread. No need to respond as it will not be answered.
I'm pretty sure Dekka as well as many others on this thread knows exactly whats going on in shelters seeing as most of them volunteer their blood, sweat, and tears to these dogs in need. You tone is condescending and insulting to those who give their all to rescues.

BTW, I've seen the claws come out on this forum quite a few times, and I can assure you that you have not been attacked. I'm shocked at the patience and kindness people have given you.

Until you get out there and work on the front lines and see for yourself how many dogs die in shelters everyday and SERIOUS behavioral issues that make dogs completely miserable for their entire life then you can speculate on who lives and who dies. I dont think you understand how many perfectly stable dogs DIE everyday. Why not put down a dog who has some screws loose, causing the dog extreme stress for the rest of its life (the dog will NEVER be normal and always be a risk to others and itself) and keep one more happy, balanced stable dog alive?

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
So I guess you feel that dog's with SA should be put down also?
No... seeing as Fozzie had SA... I definitely do not!

Unless, of course, the SA is so extreme that the dog is hurting themself and there is absolutely no way on earth that the dog can't be managed, or remedied by another dog, or helped by desensitization, or put into a daycare, or re-homed anywhere with some one who is home 24/7. A dog with SA that severe is probably quite tortured - we get SA dogs at the hotel who are baaaad and need to be constantly checked on, and I always feel for them.

Regardless, I don't feel that even severe SA compares to dogs who hurt themselves trying to hurt people... have you been faced with a dog like that? It really, truly is scary when you're merely in the presence of a dog who could/wants to KILL you. Let alone work with that dog to where they can be accepted into society at all. That is going to take years of work, constant managing, and they will always be a threat; particularly when they are in a constant state of shut-down.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
Did I say it wasn't abuse ?
The information wasn't correct, I just wanted to give the correct information.
There's a big difference being called "Very dominant wolf mix" and "Shadow"
Oh for crying in a god d@mned bucket! I remember the words very dominant wolf mix being used. Get the he11 over it!!!!!!!

DanL

How the heck did I miss all this... I should read long threads more often. Great stuff, the posts legends of Chaz are made of.

It's great when someone gets owned so bad that they get to the "I'm done with this thread, don't bother to respond" mode. I can picture a "talk to the hand" gesture coming out of the screen at the same time.

A lot of this self righteousness reminds me of my old friend Bobsk8- remember him?

Doberluv

Shows how much they (or he) know about wolves, not to mention dogs. ROFLOL. Do you know how rare it is for a wolf to be so brazen (oh...wait a minute...."dominant") with humans? They're typically very shy.

I can't bother with videos on this darn dial-up. It takes forever. So, I can't see the dog. But doubtless, the dog's issues might be resolved by proper handling and re-training. I hope Cesar didn't just supress some aggressive thing going on, but alas...he probably did, right. (?)

Members online

No members online now.