What are you feeding now, and how do you like it?

noludoru

Bored Now.
We haven't had one of these in a while, so I thought it would be fun.

What are you feeding your dog right now?

And how is your dog doing on it?

A - Kirkland Chicken/veg/rice with 25% Orijen and the occasional raw scraps.

B - never better. Seriously. Minimal doggy odor even though he usually is kinda smelly, especially if he doesn't have regular baths, decent poops, beautiful coat and he loves it!

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Blaze - Innova EVO/Innova Puppy.

Jake - Innova Puppy.

Lizzie and Major - Canidae ALS.

All dogs are doing great on there different foods! They also get alot of table food after meals/snacks/etc from us.

BostonBanker

Sometimes Orijen, sometimes prepared raw (Northwest Naturals or Primal), sometimes RMB.

Fantastic. Her coat and muscles are phenomenal. I've been lazy with the RMB the past few months, and have just noticed her breath getting a bit less than ideal. Apparently it's time to stop being lazy.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Nutro Natural Choice.

They do well on it. I mean Molly's been on it for 11+ years without any issues, I've thought about switching brands but I just don't think that makes sense considering her age and how fine she is with this. And it's the only thing I can get Lucy to touch (I've tried a handful of other brands), so there you have it.

Teeny is getting raw and I couldn't be happier.

I can't wait to bring Blue home and switch him to complete raw and experience the difference!!!!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
1) Kirkland C&R

2) Meh. Better than when on Canidae, not as good as on Innova. More odor, lots more shedding. Can't wait to switch to raw!

Home cooked all around. I don't do raw (nothing against raw, it just doesn't suit our needs), my dogs love their home cooked diet and I love knowing EXACTLY what they're getting. Even their cookies are homemade.

A lot of work, a lot of expense.....A LOT of benefits!:D

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Izzy - prey model raw
Frodo - Taste of the Wild, rotating different bags
Mollie - California Natural canned

Izzy - she's only been on raw for 2 days but I'm expecting her to do super.
Frodo - he's doing quite well, but will hopefully be switched to all raw soon too
Mollie - she does good on anything

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
After a short stint on kibble that was unpleasant, we're back on raw.

I don't know wether Sierra's bout of vomiting was kibble induced or not, but the vet seemed to think her switch from raw to kibble was part of the trigger, so we switched back.

She does fantastically on raw. I get comments daily on how soft her coat is, her teeth are gleaming and she has no doggy "odor". Not to mention I love raw poops (SO much easier to pick up and deal with than kibble poops!!) She also has a pretty good body tone, if I do say so myself ;)

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Right now, they all get Prairie chicken and rice and they all do well with it. Ares has had a lot of food allergies and bloat and Morgan had a lot of trouble after her pancreatitis (read: was on ID for years) and they both do excellent with it.

When I get to SC I'll be putting ares back on Instinct rabbit, probably putting the mals on it also. I worry about whether or not Morgan can tolerate it. Also I hope to start mixing in some raw when I get to SC and probably try some other foods for Nyx (I'd like to get her on something more cooling).

iheartsammy

ME+DOGS=CRAZY
Well..I would LIKE to feed raw, or at least a higher quality dog food, but due to a shortage on money..this is what I've got ATM..

A- Kirkland lamb&rice with occasional raw treat..

B-Actually, Samm does really well on it. Her coat is really shiney, and I mean REALLY shiney. I actually don't think i've seen it like this before :confused: Plus, she likes it! :)

*Amy*

A- both of my dogs are on Wellness Core Original Formula and they have been for about 8 months now.

B- they're both doing great on it. Nice poops, shiny coats, and they devour it they love it so much.

I've considered adding in some Orijen or Innova EVO to switch it around a bit and probably will soon.. I'm just not in a rush considering how well they're doing on the Wellness.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Ilsa & Ronin - Kirkland C&R
Ada - Taste of the Wild (Salmon)

Ilsa & Ronin - honestly... they've never been better. I love this stuff, I know the ingredients aren't the absolute best but I have to agree with the adage, "Read your dog before you read the label"

Ada - what can I say, she's a goat. She does well on anything. ;)

Toller_08

Dance:

A - Raw

B - Incredible. Unbelievably soft, shiny, odourless coat, barely any shedding, great energy level, etc.

Winston:

A - Kirkland Lamb & Rice & Orijen

B - Really, really well. He doesn't do very well on either of those foods by themselves for some reason, but mixed half & half he's excellent on them - as great as he was on the old Canidae, which is amazing.

Keira:

A - Now!

B - Alright. Better than anything else we've had her on. Her coat is nice and shiny, abundant energy, but still has semi-loose stools.

Along with that, they also get Sardine oil added multiple times a week, sometimes an egg, occasionally yogurt, and pureed veggies at some point in the week. Oh, and the kibble dogs also get warm water mixed in their food always.

All of mine are getting Kirkland Chicken and rice and they are doing amazing on it!! They were eating beneful for so many years....there is quite the difference in everything (No doggy odor, shinier fur, softer fur, better breath, better stools, etc)

noludoru

Bored Now.
2) Meh. Better than when on Canidae, not as good as on Innova. More odor, lots more shedding. Can't wait to switch to raw!
That is so weird. Middie has much less shedding and doggy odor, AND firmer stool than he did on Innova. I know it's a lower-quality food, but it seems to agree with him so much better!

Ilsa & Ronin - honestly... they've never been better. I love this stuff, I know the ingredients aren't the absolute best but I have to agree with the adage, "Read your dog before you read the label")
Same here.

The stuff is like crack or something for him - I have NEVER seen him still liking a food when we are this far through the bag. NEVER EVER. And he just does so well on it. It's perplexing me, since it really isn't as high quality as ANYTHING we have had him on before, but it's what he does best on. Although, with adding the Orijen I have seen definite improvements, but when I transitioned him to all Orijen for a few days I smelled an increase in doggy odor. I don't know what to think anymore.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Yep - I'm on my second bad of Kirkland and so far, so good - fingers crossed here that it stays that way! ;)

But it may be harder to find when I move... so I'm not sure what I'll switch to. Hrm.

Kayla

Duke- Fromm

How is he doing on it- Amazing, I wish we could have kept up with raw longer but it was really, really not convient for our current situation, I can't wait until the day we can go back full time, in the meantime I found a store not to far away that sells RMB's by the bag so I can at least give him one now and then

Members online

No members online now.