Quick! Pup In Our Backyard - Sophie On Heat!

mrose_s

BusterLove
Are Sophie (the big one) is in full flight and on heat. A little pup keeps coming in and unsucessfully "humping' ahem.... sophie.

I am on the puta at the moment as I need advice!

well thats him on the right, with the black markings on his face. Buster is lookng after sophie really well and wont let him near her enough to do anything.
And he is to small to do anything I think (i know tho, they are crafty)
And I am still watching them, Sophie is lying just outside the door and so i can see him :D

Ok, he has been bak a few times, and I just dont want to see him hit by a car or something, ok, maybe thats just an excuse because he is so cute and I love him. He is very skinny, but I dont want to do too much to entice him back, and I definetley dont wanna bring food into the equation with Buster already snippy.

Anyway, I do really like him and I do NOT want to send him to the pound. I am happy to take him into my room to keep him away from the others, buy his food and all, atleast untill I can put an add in the newspaper and around town. he is so skinny and so cute. i dont know what to do, mum says NOT ANOITHER DOG. But he is adorable. help please!

mrose_s

BusterLove
ok, couldnt help it, got a better pic (sorry if its a little big, I cant be bothered resizing it, but i will if u like)

Fran27

First, you should spay Sophie. Second, you should call the humane society and let them know that you found a dog. It's really the best way of finding the owners, if he was just lost. Seeing that your dog is in heat, he may just have escaped to go see her.

Hopefully this will convince people a bit more to neuter their dogs...

moe

Has it got an ID tag on it? if so try to get phone number off it and ring owners, failing that call your local humane soc he might be microchipped.
whatever you do dont let him get neat herm just because he is small does not prevent him making her pregnant, and that would be another unwanted litter to add to all the others.

Mo

showpug

His size will NOT stop him from getting your dog pregnant. BTW- Why isn't Sophie spayed? :confused: The little dog has a collar on and he belongs to someone. The #1 type of dog that is killed by getting hit by a car is an un-neutered male because they are roaming for females, exactly what is happening at your place. Male dogs can smell a female in heat for miles away and they usually wont eat when they are after something!!! Hence the thin body....

wildwings811

a.k.a: agilitydobemom
The only reason he is hanging around is because your dog is in heat you need to do the right thing and find his owners they are probably frantic about him call all the local vets, shelters, put up flyers, and put an add in the paper most papers will let you put found ads in for free help him get home if it was your dog you would want someone to do the same

Everyone is right just because he is small don't mean he can't breed your dog and keeping him in the house will only allow him better access to her and don't think that he won't take any oportunity to do his business and if your mother is hollering about not wanting anymore dogs she will be really upset if your dog does become pregnant

get him out of your house keep him away from your dog and find his owners

mrose_s

BusterLove
ok, sorry, he is still here, we turfed him out a few times this morning but he ran in front of another car and wouldnt go home. I am taking flyers down to the local shop tomorow afternoon, and will ring the pound. No id tag on him. He is rather cute tho, i must say.

Anyway, Sophie isnt spade because we really dont have much interest in breeding her, we thought we might but they have grown to old now, we will not spay because we believe it changes their personality. I know you guys dont all agree with breeding crossbreds or having unspade dogs, but thats the way our family works and im sorry, but im afraid that probably isnt going to change. :)

I am going to try to find him his home and hope that someone claims him, if not, i will do my best to find him a new home if he doesnt just go home after sophie comes off heat, if he isnt wanted by anyone, I will ask mum if he can be mine, move out with me when i go, i will buy his food, excercise, train him etc. but thats me, the hopeful :D

hmmm, thats about it. I dont want Sophie getting pregnant to him, but we cant just lock him out because he just keeps coming back.

mrose_s

BusterLove
PS: he isnt in the house, Sophie is outside because she is bleeding and he is outside because he might not be houstrained, and even if he was, he might try to mark his territory, spurring Buster to do the same. Plus Buster is staying outside aswell as he is looking after sophie very well and wont let the pup near her.

showpug

MRose...how old is Sophie? Please don't assume that she can't get pregnant because of her age. I witnessed a 9/10 year old lab come into the clinic pregnant :eek: Needless to say she had extreme complications likley due to her age. :(

On another note, I realize what you are saying about not spaying/neutering your dogs, but please understand that as each heat goes by with Sophie the risk goes up for her developing pyometra a deadly uterine infection. The uterus becomes infected and fills with puss and eventually ruptures causing death usually due to all the toxins entering the blood stream. I don't want to scare you, but we saw this time and time again in the vet clinic I worked at and it can be very scary and their risk sky rockets as they age. The only way to prevent this is through spaying....not to mention all the un-spayed females we saw with mammary cancer. Please give it some thought :(

M

Manchesters

Showpug

showpug said:
MRose...how old is Sophie? Please don't assume that she can't get pregnant because of her age. I witnessed a 9/10 year old lab come into the clinic pregnant :eek: Needless to say she had extreme complications likley due to her age. :(

On another note, I realize what you are saying about not spaying/neutering your dogs, but please understand that as each heat goes by with Sophie the risk goes up for her developing pyometra a deadly uterine infection. The uterus becomes infected and fills with puss and eventually ruptures causing death usually due to all the toxins entering the blood stream. I don't want to scare you, but we saw this time and time again in the vet clinic I worked at and it can be very scary and their risk sky rockets as they age. The only way to prevent this is through spaying....not to mention all the un-spayed females we saw with mammary cancer. Please give it some thought :(
Sometimes there just ain't nuttin there to communicate with, if you get my drift. You can't call it "mindset", because the main ingredient of that phrase is missing.......again, if'n ya get my drift.

Such situations are most infuriatiing. That is why I feel people should have to PASS an IQ test before getting a dog. Hope you pick up on that little capitalized part of the sentence, roflmbo. :D

M

Manchesters

Then Of Course There Are

Manchesters said:
Sometimes there just ain't nuttin there to communicate with, if you get my drift. You can't call it "mindset", because the main ingredient of that phrase is missing.......again, if'n ya get my drift.

Such situations are most infuriatiing. That is why I feel people should have to PASS an IQ test before getting a dog. Hope you pick up on that little capitalized part of the sentence, roflmbo. :D
The trolls that post stuff like this just to get others riled up!! :mad:

Manchesters, if you can't say something helpful to the thread please don't post in it. You are starting to bug on me.

Chazhound

mrose_s

BusterLove
thanks renee, i will probably get all my animals desexed, because, eventhough i wouldnt like bits cut out of me, I understand how we can make sure we dont wander onto the road and stuff. but as it is, i would just like to seek advice about this pup, he is still here (atleast he isnt wandering on the road) so he is safe and has somewhere to sleep. mum does think he is very cute, but if worst comes to worse and he is not gone when sophie comes on heat and is not claimed and not wanted. Mum said she doesnt want another dog. So like i said, if it works out like that, i will ask mum id i can keep him, pay for him to be neatured, fed, vet checked, excercise him, play with him and train him.

but as it is he probably has a home, but atleast he is safe for now.

mrose_s

BusterLove
okl UPDATE
he had a home, he picked a fight and he is so small and all so mum chased him down the vlock, he found his house and his family let him in, he was sorely missed and they are very sorry for him getting out. So it ended well, thought ide let u all no :D

wildwings811

a.k.a: agilitydobemom
That is so great

See mrose I thought his family was probably worred sick about him and I am so glad that you took him and and cared for him while he was misplaced

Good For You:)

mrose_s

BusterLove
lol, ok, he is stilll here (we have taken him home so many times) and he is no longer following Sophie, he is just lying around at home like he belongs here. lol. but Daisy comes on heat soon so that could be a little worry

Members online

No members online now.