Picky Puppy.

Jeminem17

My first question.
I have a very picky puppy.
At the adoption place i got her from they were feeding her puppy chow. So before i even brought her home. I went out and bought a bag so that i would know she was eating and make change over of food later.
Well its been five days and she wont eat the stuff.
I've added water, I've topped with gravy and still nothing.
She has not eaten one bite of it in 5 days. I've even called the home she was at to be sure she was eating that kind and she assures me that Tia ate like a pig and ate the same food.
I have been feeding her science diet wet canned food. She its it like a pig.
But still would like to get her eating her dry stuff too.
Does anyone have any other ideas on how to get her to eat this stuff too?
Thanks In Advance
Jen

Maxy24

I always mixed Max's wet food in with his dry, but unless you plan on doing that for ever then don't start now. And please, do eventually switch Science Diet and Purina are nasty. How long has she not been eating and how long have you had her? Leave the food out for her for 20 minutes then pick it up and throw it out. You could put it in her crate with her so she has nothing better to do.

Jeminem17

I have even tried mixing the science diet wet with the dry.
She eats the wet and leaves the dry.
Shes eats the wet like a pig, but i want to settle her on the dry with wet as a treat. After her not eating like for the first day and that we went out and got her some wet science diet and shes been eating it since. So she hasn't really gone without.
I figured since the place was feeding her it , she should eat it.
We got her from a rescue center.

Members online

No members online now.