I should commend my dog

GoingNowhere

I forgot that yesterday was a holiday and decided to take Boo to the dog park. Boo isn't a dog park dog. That being said, when there's only another few dogs in the place, she does fine, wanders about and I enjoy it. We drove to the farther dog park from the house because it's a bit nicer and when I arrived, I remembered quickly that yesterday wasn't a typical Monday afternoon. There were tons of dogs in the park.

I'm kicking myself now, but upon arrival I got it in my head that because I had driven 45 minutes to get to the dog park (not in a terribly scenic or nice surrounding area for walking btw), we needed to go in. So I took Boo into the park. We walked a few tenths of a mile to the end gate - Boo avoiding the hoards of dogs to the best of her ability - at which point I realized that I had been an idiot and Boo was not having a good time. After leaving the park at the opposite end, I realized that I was alone, with my purse and nice camera, walking towards a sketchy area in an effort to get back to my car without reentering the dog park. Not smart.

Boo grudgingly followed me back into the park and was a very good girl. She only growled once at one little beagle that jumped on top of her, but otherwise just walked by me and avoided the other dogs as best as she could. When I could tell she was starting to feel swarmed and like she didn't have a way out, I'd call for her and she would respond instantly. What a good dog.

I should also commend most of the other dogs at the dog park for being good readers of body language, because of the dozens of dogs in the park, only a handful approached Boo and only a few kept following her once she tried to leave them.

I'll be a better mommy next time. I promise. I let my stupidity get the best of me. No more busy dog parks.

CaliTerp07

Aww, good doggy, Boo!

My dog park was crazy busy yesterday too. It's amazing what a holiday does to the number of people around.

spiffy

Good Boo. Your jaunt to the dog park may not be enjoyable this time but momma promises to make the next one fun for you. ;);)

GoingNowhere

yes it was so busy! Mostly larger dogs too - I was a bit surprised. There is a "small dog section," but even still, there was maybe only 1 or 2 dogs in there and the smallest I saw in the main park was a beagle.

Staff online

Members online