Chinese Crested pre-paint sketch

Romy

Taxiderpy
I've got most of the line art done on the crested. I just need to send it to his owner to see what she thinks. I'm going to do some very faded orchids in the background behind him, but here he is with the basic layout.

His eyes got kind of smudged, it bugs me right now but it'll get fixed when he's painted.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Up to a good start!:D I love seeing the progress. THanks for sharing with me.

You've already beautifully captured what looks like a very sensitive personality. Hope to see it painted.

Romy

Taxiderpy
This one's on hiatus for now. The person who commissioned it flaked out and fell off the face of the earth without so much as a "sorry, some financial probs came up and I can't do it right now" or anything. :madgo:

It ticks me off because if she had let me know I wouldn't have invested so many hours in the pre paint sketch and worked on something else I could have gotten paid for. So, eventually I'll finish it. I'm going to change it so that it's not her dog, but it will still be a crested. Just can't work on it right now because I get mad every time I look at it.

Thanks for your kind words everyone. Eventually I'll pick it up and finish. Just have to work on some other things first.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i hate that more than anything. I had a half done cat that went out in the dumpster at the other house. You do all the sketches, get everything just right, start the labor and it is work, mental mostly but still tiring. You could be doing something you want to do instead! Ask for deposits is all I can add.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
Ask for payment upfront before you even start anything. End of story!

Members online

No members online now.