What are these dogs?

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
its essentially the nickname for the "red" cockers...
ive seen the term used on occassion.

english cockers show behaviour related to color too which hasnt been seen in many other breeds, reds or goldens tend to be the most dominant of the behaviours/colors, with blacks and other Solids comming in second, while partis and roans tend to be milder mannered and more laid back.

the english cocker actually comes origionally from springers, springers and cockers would be born in the same litter with the larger ones as adults becomming the springer we know today and the smaller ones being the cocker...
from there the english was developed further...the smaller "showier" (not to english standard) became the base for the american cocker, while the heavier slightly larger dogs with the less domed heads remained the traditional english wood cock dog (hence the cocker)

it was so strange for me when i moved to the usa...
id never heard of or seen an american cocker before, not even in the show ring...
so everyone telling me these little tiny "dome" headed dogs were cockers realy threw me off...

from

to

T

tessa_s212

It is funny how the american and english cockers seem to be a little opposite. American partis are always more bubbly it seems. Blacks seem to be more laid back. And the buffs.. unfortunately due to overbreeding, are more of the 'aggressive' ones.

Members online

No members online now.