When your dog wakes up in the morning

snookums

What does he/she do first?

I wake Sophie up, she doesn't wake us up (knock on wood, but I love this fact). When I open her crate door she just spills out onto the floor (literally) and wants a tummy rub. It's the cutest thing.

I then let her go potty and she wants back into her crate for more sleep. This is our routine because it's when I take the kids to school and run errands.

When she's driving me nuts, I have to remember these moments. She's a good girl.

Vickih

She goes straight to the balcony doors at about 6am when we get up, and checks to see whats going on outside! Once thats done, she nearly always curls up under our bed and goes back to sleep for a couple of hours before potty time at 8am. She usually comes to tell me when she's woken up and is ready to go out :D

Saje

Island dweller
I moved it for ya. :)

Mikey whines and paces and paws at us. And Maverick runs around and thumps his tail or hovers over us. And then they start wrestling until we kick them out. LOL

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
When i open my eyes..Victor opens his..and so does mary..then there is lots of tail thumping and gentle stretches..as they wiggle closer..lots of hugs and kisses..even Victor "chew corn" down Mary's neck..and kisses her sweetly on the head and ears.( i thank the lord above for this dog that treats mary the same way Bronki did).then they both give me a smooch.Victor tries to nibble my ears..it's wonderful.then it is time to get up!

Bimmer stays curled on his rug at the foot of the bed until Charley gets up to let Bimmer and Shiva out first thing. Shiva has to be pulled off of the sofa to go out :rolleyes: Charley lets them back in when he goes out to feed the cows since Bimmer will follow him down the road to get the hay. Bimmer lays back down, but Kharma gets up and comes in and puts her head on the side of the bed and sings for me to get up, then Shiva comes in and sings harmony. It's time to get up before they jump on me!

When we first got Princess I agreed with the condition my husband had to do the early morning taking her out to potty. I figure I have her all day, he can do the morning thing. Wouldnt you know it, she sleeps until between 7 and 8:30 in the mornings. If its rainy out she sleeps late.
She first goes to my husband and whines. If he doesnt wake right up, she comes to me and whines. If I ignore her to make my husband remember the agreement she goes back to him and whines. Once whoever opens the bedroom door she first follows the cat to see where she's going. From there she goes to the back door, we open it and she stands there looking at us like were stupid. Then she decides to humor us and go ahead and go outside.

He jumps on the bed or just acts really annoying at 4am to go out. After thats done with more sleep till feeding time at 6am or whenever I get up on days off,He dosent seem to mind sleeping in or eating late as long as there are belly rubs.

Mikey jumps out of bed, and barks as loud as possible. If that doesn't work, he'll jump on the bed and bark again. Usually I tell him to shut up and go back to bed, cuz if I get up to let them out I can't fall back asleep.

On my days off work, when we sleep at night instead of during the day, he sleeps just fine and I'm the one that has to wake him up.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Max jumps out of bed & walks around the house, comes back and softly barks at me to get up (6 a.m.) and if I don't listen, pushes me. I then let Max & CJ out to pee, in they come, and all go to sleep until Max get me up within the hour to go out again. CJ jumps in bed with Carl and I go make my cup of coffee. Oh, I forgot to say that Tiny is usually sleeping but Bear is running around the house like he's in a race banging into walls, etc. Peace in the morning?

Members online