Article on some new USDA information

joce

Any "farm" that claims cauv here has had to fill this out occasionally for years. My coworker has twenty acres, claims cauv and kept getting threatened to fill it out or thy would be at her door. No different from the survey I had to fill out about victims of violence or some bs! Chased us for weeks!

I think if Obama made it legal to steal your farm for no reason I'd have heard an uproar from the farm buero here.

I think if Obama made it legal to steal your farm for no reason I'd have heard an uproar from the farm buero here.
Not necessarily, they'd probably be given the farm. you know, in time of need, they can claim anything necessary to the nation and put it under control of the gov't agency, which will be whomever has lined the pockets of politicians with enough lobbying dollars, and they'll "run" the farm for the good of the nation :)

I don't put anything past the gov't anymore. Especially after what happened here with the mining bill and people were too busy fighting their "republican" vs. "democrat" rhetoric garbage and taking sides, they didn't even care what was really happning.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Why though, should I, a small time farmer growing only enough to sustain myself have to record all of that?
I don't think growing only enough to sustain yourself would include you in this.

Look at it this way... some people think having the USDA check and classify their puppy's breeder is a good thing. But it's NOT a good thing because in order for the USDA to be involved they have to be breeding to a capacity where it is highly highly highly unlikely they are breeding to a standard we on chaz would think is acceptable.

So in order to get the USDA involved in your farm you have to actually be, you know, running a farm - which doesn't mean "I have some chickens and a garden and consume everything we produce."

Even hobby farms are a different beast; if they aren't producing any money from a financial standpoint the government loses interest in them because it's not a farm business, it's a hobby. There are lots of people around here who get a few acres and start a "business" and quickly realize that after expenses their farm isn't a business at all, it's a money suck. An expensive hobby. And after you file your taxes a few times showing a loss on your farm because it's just a hobby the government is going to say "Seriously, stop it. It's a hobby. No one cares."

DJEtzel

There are a LOT of laws passed that we don't hear anything about.

Like the rider about Monsanto in the Agricultural Appropriations Bill a week or two ago. Doesn't matter if the GMOs are proved to kill us(they're already proving infertility after 3 generations), no one can stop them from farming. No one cares about this, there's civil rights debates going on instead. Personally, I'm going to care about staying alive before worrying about things that don't actually effect our health or life.

It's not news that I cannot stand the government... so I'm with you on this one. False flag attacks, big pharam, GMOs... They are trying to kill us and/or enslave us and that's that. BUT they're also trying to make a new world order, so it really doesn't matter what country we're in long-term.

As for biased sources? Um... how many of you hear watch mainstream media news? Fox? MSNBC? Yeah... Just because something is biased, doesn't make it untrue, and 95% of sources these days are just that. Biased.

Last edited:
They can stop them from planting them, as far as I understood it, because I actually went and read it rather than all the propaganda, if it is planted or sold and it's deemed safe, they can harvest it. You can't pull a farmer's crop from the field because you later deemed it unsafe. you can't force him to burn it. As far as I know, it covers that season. The next season at planting time, it would already be deemed illegal or unsafe, and thus could not be planted.

Basically it prevents someone from buying something and planting it and being told it is safe and legal and then a month later getting a judges order and destroying their crop for the season.

DJEtzel

They can stop them from planting them, as far as I understood it, because I actually went and read it rather than all the propaganda, if it is planted or sold and it's deemed safe, they can harvest it. You can't pull a farmer's crop from the field because you later deemed it unsafe. you can't force him to burn it. As far as I know, it covers that season. The next season at planting time, it would already be deemed illegal or unsafe, and thus could not be planted.

Basically it prevents someone from buying something and planting it and being told it is safe and legal and then a month later getting a judges order and destroying their crop for the season.
I've read the rider, as well. It is section 735 in the HR 933 bill.

They can farm food that is proven to hurt us. GMOs are already hurting us, just not enough for the USDA to care. But when it gets WORSE they can continue farming the millions of acres of land they have already planted and put that into us. WHY would that ever be ok? They certainly aren't going to lose any money over it. Ironic that this passed under the radar just after Obama elected Monsanto executive to Senior Advisor to the Commissioner of the FDA. :p

I can't cite any studies, I just don't like them. Plants talk to each other and to the rest of the environment in ways we haven't even started to understand, but we think it's cool we can modify their genetics in ways that nature would never allow, so they can resist crap tons of herbacides and still grow and allow for their neighbors to grow on top of them instead of needing space.

I can't cite a study, but i do see food sensitivities growing every year. The major culprits, wheat, soy and corn. Which 3 do you think are the most heavily GMO'd? coincidence? maybe, maybe not.

At the very least, if they are going to grow them and put them into the food supply, we should at least maintain the right to know what they are putting into the food supply. But without major lobbying dollars, we'll never have that right, because big farma, is exactly like big pharma. Money talks

DJEtzel

Oko

Silence, peasants.
I don't have any thoughts on the issue at hand because I haven't read or researched enough about it. I do have to say though that this particular article is so extremely biased that I couldn't even finish reading it.
Yes, that. I'm just not much of a conspiracy theorist, I guess. I lost interest when the right to bear arms came up, which as written was supposed to be about self defense, imo, not everyone should get to carry guns.

ETR article, getting ready to leave so I have no idea if it's actually supporting my point, whoops.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
They are trying to kill us and/or enslave us and that's that. BUT they're also trying to make a new world order, so it really doesn't matter what country we're in long-term.
Oh, and out of curiosity, why do you think they'd be trying to kill/enslave us?

Yes, that. I'm just not much of a conspiracy theorist, I guess. I lost interest when the right to bear arms came up, which as written was supposed to be about self defense, imo, not everyone should get to carry guns.

ETR article, getting ready to leave so I have no idea if it's actually supporting my point, whoops.
It wasn't, but it is a pretty good read for anyone that cares.

http://www.constitution.org/leglrkba.htm

Thanks! Really only the last one is an actual study (articles about studies aren't very reliable), Ill read through it later.

Sorry, I must have misread this?

Doesn't matter if the GMOs are proved to kill us(they're already proving infertility after 3 generations), no one can stop them from farming. No one cares about this, there's civil rights debates going on instead. Personally, I'm going to care about staying alive before worrying about things that don't actually effect our health or life.

Members online

No members online now.