You may not be able to teach an old dog new tricks...

JessLough

Love My Mutt
But they sure can teach themselves :rofl1:

So a few nights ago, I noticed the zipper on Rosey's dog bed was open. I thought "that's weird.." but whatever, and closed it. Well, Rosey have me her "**** you" look, and unzipped it. I didn't believe what she just did, figured I didn't actually close it, and closed it again. Again, she gave me her "**** you" look and opened it :yikes:

Now, I have never taught her how to open a zipper, and have no idea why she suddenly decided she needs this skill. However, the next morning, I was getting stuff ready and noticed... Anything within her reach was unzipped. Zipped it all up (anything unzipped in my house means the ferrets will hide what's in it, and use it as a stashing place) and went to work. Came home and it was all unzipped, Rosey is just laying there was this smug look on her face.

As far as I can tell, she isn't taking anything... Just having fun unzipping stuff :p oh, and yet we leave her open bag of food right beside her food dish and she wouldn't dare help herself LOL

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
That's hilarious! What a smart girl :D

Last night we were watching something on Netflix, and Rory stuck his nose on the Playstation remote and shut off the show! Now I'm thinking it was on purpose, since it was sitting on the coffee table and he never messes with anything on the table. lol.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Rory definitely did it on purpose, takin over the world and all.

Yah, Rosey's getting braver as she gets older. Now she just don't give a **** what we think XD

Doberluv

:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:

Love that! Too funny. So....what could you apply this to that would be useful? Hmmm. She could help you get dressed or help undress someone for a trick. (?) What else? She has discovered something using fine motor coordination...very unusual.

Rory could cause trouble with that remote I'm thinking. What a riot!:D I wonder if he'll do something like that again or what you could build on it from here.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:

Love that! Too funny. So....what could you apply this to that would be useful? Hmmm. She could help you get dressed or help undress someone for a trick. (?) What else? She has discovered something using fine motor coordination...very unusual.

Rory could cause trouble with that remote I'm thinking. What a riot!:D I wonder if he'll do something like that again or what you could build on it from here.
Rosey says tricks are for dogs, and she's people. I wish I could train it to something Better XD at the moment, all it could be used for is letting ferrets out of the one carrier :yikes:

Members online

No members online now.