You would think...

You would think that the sign we made and posted towards the street would keep people from trespassing.

You'd think that even if we didn't make the sign and hang it up, the two large barking dogs would deter you from trespassing.

So why is it that Thursday morning, when I walk outside with Hannah, I have to stop her from attacking an adult male who is in my backyard (by my bedroom window, no less) picking apples from my tree?

She knew he was there before I did...

WTH? What part of NO TRESPASSING does someone not understand? Forget the sign, what part of stay off of someone elses property does the average adult not comprehend?

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
I have no idea! That is weird.
Maybe he couldn't read, post a sign with pictures like the one that has an outline of a GD or other breed...I doubt this was the case but how stupid do you have to be to go into someones yard?!

Adrienne

I feel your pain. We have signs posted that say no trespassing and security dog and they still walk through my yard. If Gunnar is out they end up yelling stuck in a corner. Serves them right!

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Idiots! I have No Trespassing signs all over the darn place. Any wanna be trespasser should pay attention to them.

Though, you need to be careful with the "beware of dog" part. We've had this convo many times on this forum and it's a liability for you to have that posted, should either of your dogs "attack" trespassing idiots. Stupid, I know. But it's better safe than sorry, for my own dogs benefit.

Idiots! I have No Trespassing signs all over the darn place. Any wanna be trespasser should pay attention to them.

Though, you need to be careful with the "beware of dog" part. We've had this convo many times on this forum and it's a liability for you to have that posted, should either of your dogs "attack" trespassing idiots. Stupid, I know. But it's better safe than sorry, for my own dogs benefit.
In NC, the owner of a dog who bites a trespasser can not be held liable. (even if a Beware of Dog sign is posted..)

They are never outside unsupervised anyhow, so it's a moot concern for me.

But I getcha. ;)

I've checked my local "dog laws" and consulted someone about the legalities of the sign. Gotta love NC for some things.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
In NC, the owner of a dog who bites a trespasser can not be held liable. (even if a Beware of Dog sign is posted..)

They are never outside unsupervised anyhow, so it's a moot concern for me.

But I getcha. ;)

I've checked my local "dog laws" and consulted someone about the legalities of the sign. Gotta love NC for some things.
Oh, nice!! Maybe we should move to NC. :p

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
LOL. That sounds right up Jeff's alley. He wanted to make a sign that said "Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again." :rofl1:
I have that sign in my living room actually...right as you walk in the front door.
I've had my house "invaded" in the middle of the night several times (back in Arizona), so it's not even a joke, that's the sad part. I did get to draw a gun on someone once, heard my front door open at 2 AM while my husband was deployed in Iraq...I think the sound of a 12 guage being pumped did it, because all I heard after that was someone running away on the gravel...but nobody bothered me after that.

Members online

No members online now.