Introducing the Borzois

borzoimom

Couch Pototoe City
I have a videos I do once in a while, but thought I would introduce my gang.
First up is Femka- She is 8 years old, a rescue and we have had her for 3 years. She has some health issues, but doing well. Queen of the castle so to speak, and loves the pampered life.
In most dog breeds, this color would be called a " tri-color". In Borzois its called a "self black with tan and white" ( or self black with tan as white is a given in borzois.)

and her video I made ( sorry its not very good- I was just learning to do music videos.. lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0Z373A8-7U

Here is Zubin. He is a "tri color" meaning white, with black and his case silver on his skirt. He is 3 years old, a show dog but also a therapy dog and works with kids with cancer at two hospitals.

Here is a silly music video of him. There is another " tri " in the video ( his sister Galina) and more on that later. Zubin is the taller one with the straight thin blaze on his nose.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO_WX1rVZoM

My avatar is Logan. He is almost 2 years old and a new arrival to our home. Just starting his show career, and filled a void left in the passing of my older male Hottie.

I started working with him for his therapy dog test.
The video attached to my signature is dedication to Hottie. He passed away in March.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Beautiful dogs! I love borzois. Very elegant dogs. And by the way, I just sent you a PM.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I still love Logan. It's amazing how much he looks like Hottie.

Logan looks like a great fit.

borzoimom

Couch Pototoe City
I still love Logan. It's amazing how much he looks like Hottie.

Logan looks like a great fit.
Logan has more color on his body than Hottie did but yea- its amazing how similar. When I went to get him his pictures it was not as obvious how much he looked like hottie. When I first saw Logan on my arrival, I broke into tears. Its the same white heart on the head etc. Alot of the white with red has similar markings on the head- including the eye liner. However- Logans body is like a combination of ( takes a deep breath)- red, silver, black, tan, and auburn. He also has more black on his head as well.
However- Logan is his " own man" for sure. There is still some puppy in him, but its amazing to see how he moves. He is more mature in body than Zubin as Zubin is a late mature type and Logan is not.

Members online

No members online now.