Dog eating cat poop in litter box

Barb04

Super Moderator
Can anyone tell me what to do. We have a small hole in the door to go downstairs for the cats but my dog squeezes through the hole. This past week she goes to eat the cats' poop and gets very mad when I take her away. Does anyone know what I can do. I don't want her to get sick.

I doubt she'll get sick if the cats are healthy. About the only thing to worry about would be if the cats had worms.

I don't know why, but most dogs view the cat litter box as their own personal Whitman's Sampler.

It might help if you set the cat box up on an old table out of the dog's reach. I'm assuming, since you say she's squeezing through the hole for the cats that it's not the Anatolian!

I seem to remember someone posting that there is something you can add to your dog's food that makes cat poo taste like, well cat poo.

agilitydobemom

agilitydobemom
For some reason dogs like to eat cat poo I know it is disgusting but they do?? try putting the litter box up where your dog can't reach it if that don't work there is an additive you can get to give to your cat so the poo tastes really yucky to your dog

bogolove

Brady will do that if i forget to put the baby gate back up. My cat has her own room (at least in her eyes it is HER room) and her litter box and food and water bowl are in there. I have a baby gate up with a chair on the inside of the room that holds it up and she jumps over the gate and into the chair but yet Brady has never pushed the boundry of the gate. He does not go in unless I have cleaned in there and forgotten to put the gate back up (and then he sneaks in and still himsdelf a tasty treat - yuck!). It works very well.

Members online

No members online now.