Dog Lovers Gold

I was wondering what you guys think of that food... there was a booth at a recent dog show and the guy was going on for hours about the food about how wonderful it is (of course lol) then I went to a near by holistic shop to get some food for my pups and they had it there... I was wondering if you think its any good? Also have you heard of Authority? PetsMart carries it(ugh I know) but I ran out of food on fathersday and all the near by stores were out and that was the food I was stuck with (seemed the best of what Petsmart had to offer) and Jazz is now exploding she is itching so bad! is it a really bad food or is she just sensitive? Thanx!
Lindsey

iheartsammy

ME+DOGS=CRAZY
I don't really care much about the foods PetsMart has, and I haven't heard of Dog Lovers Gold. have you tried any of the natura products? or eagle pack, natural balance, canindae (sp?), solid gold, or even better, a raw diet!?...(I know I missed some good brands, but can't quit put my foot on them at this moment..I think I need some sleep..:p)

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Pet Lover's Gold isn't a bad food, but it doesn't measure up to the true high end brands. I'd say it's a good "middle of the road" product.

Authority is poor quality food, it's PetsMarts store label and contains generic ingredients like for example "animal fat" of which you don't even know what kind of animal they come from.

B

Bobsk8

I just switched my dog to Natural Balance Venison and Brown Rice Dry and she goes crazy over it. She gobbles it down and then licks the empty bowl for about 20 seconds to make sure she didn't miss a molecule of it.

DOGTOWN

How do I say this as politely as possible. WHAT!??? I sell sveral brands of foods in my store. Canidae, Innova, Solid Gold Chicken Soup For the Dog Lovers Soul, and Dog Lovers Gold. Dog Lovers Gold Is by far the best food I have ever used and stocked on my shelf. Short of feeding raw food it is the next best thing. I think the biggest problem people have is that they dont understand how to read dog food bags. To make the statement that it doesnt compare to the other brands is proof of this. Some simple math will prove that dry dog foods, wether they are high end or low end are made up primarily of carbohydrates. (usually 50% and more). Every Ingredient in Dog Lovers Gold is grown in the USA. Dog lovers Gold has only ONE grain which is brown rice, and it is used in whole form and not as a filler. Dog Lovers Gold is 470 Digestable calories per cup and evenly distributed between protien, fat and Carbs. There are rare cases where dogs dont like it, and cases where dogs have either alergies or specific health problems that require special diets, but 98 % of the dogs who are on it thrive. Many people make determinations for whatever reason and I suppose I have been guilty of that, but to make the statement that Dog Lovers Gold is a good middle of the road food , well, that statement defies science. Im passionate about dog nutrition and I am very careful what I sell to my customers. I just couldnt let that statement ride.

Members online