Gnash's 2nd IPO3 trial video (protection phase)

Everything looks really nice.

One thing is the guard after the drive is nice, quiet, focused and intense back to the bite on re-attack. In the next open field guard it's a little more lax, unsure if to bark be quiet and was more aware of what was going on around, but still pretty well focused on helper. I would want to clean that up and keep it very clear, all silent or all barking because I think he'd do well with either. But I think more clarity would help that.

And don't get me wrong, that's just a little part there, he looks very nice, the major pieces are in place. Very nice training overall.

nice control, fast and committed on all bites. Too far to see the grips, but I don't have much doubt they were very nice.

Second set of guards after long bite, there was less intensity I'd say, but better focus on the helper. Does that make sense? I think he'd be fine barking or silent just work on it some more. Again, very small part, but you don't leave me much to comment on other than all the good stuff you've probably heard before :)

Side transports though, those I didn't care for too much. 2nd one was better than first, at least he was focused ahead and not entirely on you. Should have much more attention to the helper. Everything else is so nice, you just impressed the hell out of everyone with a nice routine and very nice long bite, now I want to see you transport the helper to the judge with your dog burning holes thru the helper with his eyes. Leave us with an excellent impression. :)

Great job overall. Nice dog and good training

bitme

Thanks all, appreciate it.

Release The Hounds, you are so spot on that it is almost uncanny! You understood our training plan and items we have deliberately added and are working to fix now! These do cost me points but we feel that it was necessary to,

1. Make him do silent guards. We started this a year ago, he wants to bark but with his type of temperament (and my lack of control) it escalated quick into an unwanted fight! So we trained him an obedience guard (to sit and be quiet). This summer we will open him up as now I am getting control. He guards silently but intently on the first out as he knows the re-attack is coming. He relaxes on the 2nd out as he know the action is finished and I am coming to do OB now. We are now training him to be alert by multiple outs and re-attacks as a shortcut for now but when we let him guard actively it will become better (at least that is the thought process).

2. The transport focus on me is also on purpose so that he does not get carried away by focusing on the helper while in motion. This again will addressed this summer after current trial season. It takes 3-5 sessions to replace "Helper move out, FUSS" with "HELPER, move out, transport" we teach the word HELPER is to focus on helper through obedience for bites technique (with Gnash we purposely did not train it till he matured a bit plus I got some control).

Really appreciate you analyzing the routine and bring up points that are our main focus now.

I'm a bit late, because I am in Florida this week. :)

Nice routine, what was the score?

MoTH has pointed out most of the issues, guarding and transports. I'm going to add that you can sharpen up your secondary obedience a bit. The call out, the transports, etc.

If you go with a silent guard, it better be FANTASTIC. What I am hearing from the judges is that even panting, or an open mouth, is faulty in a silent guard. So be careful if you decide to go that way. I've already seen some nice dogs marked down greatly for silent guards.

Wish we could see grips, but since you didn't know you had video at all, I will take this footage!

bitme

Thanks Maliraptor. The score was 92, nothing to write home about but I'll take it. The dog has potential to go higher provided our plan to loosen him up some in certain areas and tighten him up in others. Training is just so much fun when you are messing with the mind of a canine and predicting outcomes and trialing to see the outcome :)

I love Fl, wishing you have a super time there :)

Jason L

we teach the word HELPER is to focus on helper through obedience for bites technique (with Gnash we purposely did not train it till he matured a bit plus I got some control).
Oh you guys do that now? That's cool! Cody and I were messing with it right after the Bellon seminar. I thought Cody gave up on it. I was only able to train it to Stupid Pet Trick level.

FG167

Oh you guys do that now? That's cool! Cody and I were messing with it right after the Bellon seminar. I thought Cody gave up on it. I was only able to train it to Stupid Pet Trick level.
Follower :p

I would also like to teach Kastle this!

bitme

We trained Apollo and Balius in 3-4 sessions, both dogs had focus on helper transports in our March trial! Kinda like Dieter outlined out in his seminar but we did it with the Hoadley twist and it was unbelievable how quick both dogs caught up on it! Cody concentrated on it so hard that he had a perfect transport in his trial but several other areas fell apart in his protection routine, we all had fun with him later :)

These days we are meeting daily to track after work + some OB and protection practice, miss ya Jason!

You should have seen us at the Regionals, The Hoadleys were in a different hotel while Cody, Dawn and I were several miles away so that meant PARTY TIME. Day before trial (after practice off course) we ended up in the hot tub and got wasted, Gero joined then Hoadley turned up out of nowhere. He can't get the picture out of his mind till this day. It was very cold and raining hard, we had a picnic umbrella over the hot tub and some empty bottles of scotch around and were deep into outlining our future training plan (Hoadley told us that after the Regional we were free to make up our own training plan)! Dawn confiscated the truck keys and no one would give us a ride to 6th Street, it was a hoot.

Members online