Actually had a GOOD day at training.. thank you gentle leader!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
well, kenya used to be the craziest puller lol but we've been working with her with the "be a tree" method, and the spin around and turn around for at home walks, she does really well :)

but what ive been having a bunch of problems with is at training class. with all the dogs and people around, she just had the hardest time staying focused and her constant pulling gave me a sore arm, she wasn't even interested in treats.. it was miserable. and shes quite a big stronger than me and had NO PROBLEM dragging me over to go meet another dog.. it was a dangerous situation for both her and me.

soo my trainer reccomended the gentle leader and today was really great :) ive been using it for the last week or so at home so she can get used to it
in class, she still tried being her naughty self, but it was SO much easier to work with since she couldn't pull me where she wanted me to go, she quickly learned to not even bother . she quickly FOCUSED on me, and paid attention to the commands she KNEW from home.

my trainer says over the next couple of weeks hes going to help me work with her and wean her off using the GL. but for now, its a god send.

he even called the classes attention to us a couple of times to watch how mcuh kenya was focused on me while we were heeling :)

MH<3dogs

I'm glad she's doing well with it. The GL worked wonders for my older dog Midnite in her "younger" years. As for Hannah all it did was rub the hair off the bridge of her nose! :(

Jynx

good job,,kenya has turned into a gorgeous girl (always was a cute puppy!) those naughty dogs turn out to be the best :)))

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
I'm really glad he's going to help you wean it off. My trainer didn't, and I had to use it with Bella until I tried the gentle walker harness, and she's still using that... She HATED the GL. Really hated it. I almost had to get her stitches once because she rubbed her dew claw on her face trying to get it off so bad she tore under her eye open.

Glad it's working for you. I know about how hard those GSDs can pull when they want to!

Members online

No members online now.