Jelly Poo?!

natters

Hey all, I'm new to these forums, as well as the (brand) new owner of a 10 week old border collie.

I'm just a little concerned because her poo has been very jelly-like. Does anybody know what would cause this? I can't find any information anywhere else so I hope someone here can shed some light on my concern.

thanks.

Roxy's CD

Jelly poop??!?! LOL, ah what are you feeding her? Puppies get into all sorts of bad stuff, but usually they seem to have stomach's of steel... Hades used to eat all sorts of wild things and his stomach would never get upset.

You should probably get a sample and take it to your vets. Has she been de-wormed? If she's just gotten de-wormed a lot of the time their poops will get really 'clay like"... ewww but it's true.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
I have never seen or heard of jelly poop. I would definatly get it checked out though as its not normal. Unless your meaning runny poop? I don't know lol I have been through TONS of pups and never seen it in jelly form.

Like Roxy said maybe he got into something nasty I don't know.

bubbatd

I would think jelly poo would be a lot a mucus ..stool - vet check time !

Tugger's Mom

Yes, He's A Beagle
Yeah....get the dog to the vet ASAP. For us, that jelly poop was the first sign we had to Tugger's giardia. (Was it formed poop with a coating of slimmy slick mucus around it?) Of course, at the time, I had no idea end eventually--the jelly poop went to "Dairy Queen" poop. I wish we had known the signs because giardia is tough on a dog--and the family.

Members online

No members online now.