Barn hunt - CT

Julee told me about this and I just wanted to see if anyone else in the area-ish is interested in going. I am totally interested in going, but not sure about bringing the pup. I don't know going into things blind and without know what to expect.

Anyone else?

Last edited:

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
They're filled up already, but I totally want to go. Anyone want to give me a ride? :p

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
:D I'll kick some gas money your way or buy you lunch or something.

SO MUCH EXCITES. I'm just bringing Embyr.

I passed it on, on FB too. I have a few ES people in the western CT area that I hope will be interested in some of them. Turns out, one of them is/was involved in the training center this is being held at.

Stay tuned, I might have more infos

crazedACD

Filled up?! Noooo...I was so counting on bringing Skye. Very sad! I'm not sure I want to make the drive if I don't get to do it...haha.

crazedACD

I found the premium, and I did email them directly and ask about registration. Maybe if they are turning away all these people they will figure out something. If not, there are two more in CT in May. I'd like to try it out.

I would love to check one of these events out! I have a feeling Foxy would be terrible at it but who knows, maybe she'll surprise me. I'll probably wait until the May ones as they're a little closer to me and it's better timing wise. Thanks for the heads up though! I had no idea we had these events in New England!

crazedACD

I don't think I'm going to be at the Hampden CT one, two hour drive is a little long just to watch :(.

I did email for registration on the May 4 fun test, in Columbia CT.

I don't think I'm going to be at the Hampden CT one, two hour drive is a little long just to watch :(.

I did email for registration on the May 4 fun test, in Columbia CT.
Think less of it as driving 2 hours to watch and more of driving two hours to hang out with some Chazzers.

May 4 is THE DERBY!!! So my day is booked.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Ah, but the question is, is it open to all breeds? I know there's one group down there that is sighthound-only, which is dumb.

crazedACD

Yep, it is open to all breeds.

It is only partially fenced.

I like the sport because my dog likes to chase stuff. And she is easily distracted outside, tends to 'range' very far, and she has a bit of an aversion to being 'caught' (she was like this from day 1). She is fine in a fenced area, and fine indoors/in new places, but I don't know.

I'm just so nervous I'm going to lose her :(. I can't lose her. Maybe I should just do it and see how it goes? I don't know.

Members online

No members online now.