Colorado- up in flames

Taqroy

This fire is surreal, and frightening. Where I live is covered in smoke. Where I used to work is just on the other side of the highway from the evacuation area and it looks like it's soon to become a pre evacuation area.
What? You worked at Lucky Dog right? All Breed is super close to there...I wonder what the evac status is. *worries*

Edit: I'm glad you're safe by the way. I was wondering where you were at these days. ((((hugs))))

Zoom

Twin 2.0
So far it's staying away from the metro area, but I can see the smoke and reflected glow of flames from both the Boulder and Waldo Canyon fires.

I was hoping like mad we'd get some good rain yesterday, but instead it was just crazy wind and a smattering of rain. Same for today--just enough rain to make the air oppressive.

LilahRoot

What? You worked at Lucky Dog right? All Breed is super close to there...I wonder what the evac status is. *worries*

Edit: I'm glad you're safe by the way. I was wondering where you were at these days. ((((hugs))))
Yep, Lucky Dog. They're talking about moving all of their dogs currently in their care to the south location. That's a lot of dogs to move in personal vehicles, and my fiance still works there. I'm really worried.

I'm glad that you're safe as well. I've been lurking around here, but not really participating much these days. Just a lot of carp going on. :p

Taqroy

So far it's staying away from the metro area, but I can see the smoke and reflected glow of flames from both the Boulder and Waldo Canyon fires.

I was hoping like mad we'd get some good rain yesterday, but instead it was just crazy wind and a smattering of rain. Same for today--just enough rain to make the air oppressive.
Matt called me at lunch to say he thought it was raining - it was raining ASH. Ick. And I'm actually at the rescue right now and the wind came up with a ton of smoke. On the plus side, my bandanna makes me look cool but on the minus side my contacts are misbehaving horribly.

Yep, Lucky Dog. They're talking about moving all of their dogs currently in their care to the south location. That's a lot of dogs to move in personal vehicles, and my fiance still works there. I'm really worried.

I'm glad that you're safe as well. I've been lurking around here, but not really participating much these days. Just a lot of carp going on. :p
I'm sure your fiance will be ok....I really really hope the fire doesn't get near the interstate. We're talking evac here as well. Our evac place is up in Black Forest which is a good 30 minutes away. And ya know, in a forest, which might not end up being the best place to go to.

I hope the wildfires are stopped very soon. It's sad to see the homes burning down. I don't want to imagine what it would be like see the area your live in on fire. I hope there aren't people that think fireworks are a great idea with the 4th of July next week.

Members online