Not wanting him growing up

Snowy

I love puppies and I think a dog will look cutest when he is still a puppy. I don't want my Snowy growing up. :lol-sign: Do you also feel the same about puppies?

PoodleMommy

Yorkie Love
personally I prefer adult dogs... I don't really think I will ever have a puppy again.

bubbatd

I love puppies , but how they spend the rest of their lives is more important . Bubba was a cute puppy , but what a dorky " teenager " ! Luckily he grew out of it !

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
lol I go through that right when I get a puppy to foster, then about 3 days later. between 3 in the morning potty breaks, chewed shoes, crating and whining at all hours.. I dont feel that way for long!

I usually adopt adult dogs anyway, so I never really have that problem.

sammgirl

ACoops favorite
I feel like I can see my little one growing before my eyes! :) I love Harper's puppyhood, and I'm thankful that I have this time with her so I have a chance to shape her into the dog I want her to be.

Our experience with an adult dog is that though maybe she was mostly potty trained, she has enough issues with her regarding her temperament and mental stability. To be honest, I'd rather have a whiney puppy that you can easily shape to an older dog that doesn't seem to respond to rehabilitation. NOt that they are all like that, I just thought I'd show the other side of the coin then what the other posters said.

Right now, the BF is taking the to a superbowl party to socialize her. LOL And yes, we are the crazy dog people that take the puppy everywhere! Technically, I'm supposed to be using this puppy break to be studying, but you see what I'm doing LOL

Snowy

That's a good idea to take her to a Superbowl party to meet other dogs there. :D But I don't see many people bringing their pets with them in such events. Do you also bring Harper in your vacation trips?

sammgirl

ACoops favorite
Well, she's not old enough to have gone on a vacation, but yes she will be taken with us everywhere.

Wish we could do that with our rescue, but that kind of travel is totally overwhelming for her and would not be a good experience.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
i love the puppy stage, the look ect, there always super cute at that age, but part of what i love is watching them grow and flurish into beutiful adult dogs.
cute is nice, but a mature dog in a breed you love is a sight to behold!

ruby was adorable as a puppy, but now, shes just stunning, i love how she turned out.
same with jasper, adorable as a puppy and a little part of me looks back and coos over baby jasper, but as he matures im loving that elegant adult look hes now growing into.

i also dont miss the 3am potty breaks lol

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
The puppy stage is cute, but also aggravating. Finn was adorable as a puppy and I have tond of photos to remind me of it, but I'm very glad I have a semi-well-behaved adult dog now. :)

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I can't WAIT for Juno to "grow up!"

Puppies are great. Really, I love puppies. But after a while it's like, okay, done with this. I say all the time that I will never ever get another puppy (I said this many times when Lucy was a puppy, but look... then came Juno...) but I know I will. Sometimes I wish I could craw into a hole but there are some things about owning a puppy I just love. But I will not be sad when Juno is a mature, well-behaved adult (oh God, I at least hope that happens at some point). :)

Members online

No members online now.