Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

It's been so long since I've posted here it feels kind of weird, buuuut I remember the women in my birth club on BBC being kind of nuts when I was pregnant with Winnie and would rather just avoid that. Especially because I can be talking to you guys instead, and I've known a lot of you since my BackwardCinderella days. Anyway, I'm 16 weeks tomorrow and this pregnancy is going a lot better than Winnie's did, I'm not on bed rest like I was by this point last time, and the only real problem I've had was a subchoreonic hematoma that ruputred and scared the crap out of us during my first trimester. 2.0 (as we have been referring to the munchkin) is doing well and growing like (s)he should. We're really excited to find out what we're having this time around. :) Anyway, my next ultrasound is coming up in four weeks, but this is 2.0 at not quite 12 weeks, and me yesterday:

Congrats, Jessie!!!

Did anyone do a gender reveal photo when they found out the sex? We get to find out August 5th (they looked at the last ultrasound but 2.0 is a shy one!) I've looked on Pinterest, but nothing really catches my eye. I wish Zoom or Saurus were here to do the photos! :(

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
We didn't do any gender reveal photos, but I think they look like a ton of fun, especially when you have other children! I love the ones where the older siblings release a box of blue or pink balloons.

Fran27

How do you deal with shopping when you don't know the sex? I'm asking because when we were waiting, we bought a lot of gender neutral stuff, but in the end when we got our babies we almost never used them... I know it shouldn't matter, but when you have a girl, you don't really want to dress her in gender neutral greens and yellows, lol. We never even bothered with the nursery until later though, so it wasn't a problem (and plain white sheets worked just fine for the cribs).

I guess you could just buy a few onesies, go neutral for car seats, and go shopping when the baby is born...

I think you do a lot of gender neutral and than buy for what you have later. My nursery was gender neutral as was all of my "stuff" even though I knew I was having a girl..and for me some of the neutral clothes were my favorite outfits :)

We bought a lot of green actually, then when she was born accessorized - a pink tutu with the green onesie, purple flowered headband, etc. We also only bought newborn size and a few 0-3 months, plus white onesies that I dyed after she was born. We didn't live anywhere where we could paint so nursery color didn't matter. We coslept while she was BF anyway.

Taqroy

I know it shouldn't matter, but when you have a girl, you don't really want to dress her in gender neutral greens and yellows, lol.
I did, and still do. I have a rather large problem with the color by gender thing though. Falon actually wore a lot of "boy" clothes as a small fry because they were given to us. /shrug

I don't know if I would dress a baby boy in obviously girl clothes though - I don't like that about myself and I think it's something I'd have to get over if we were to have a boy in the future. I have no problem with a boy dressing themselves in girl clothes (which makes my internal double standard weird).

Fran27

Maybe it's because I don't like yellow and green, lol. But I liked girl clothes better, even when they don't come in pink or purple... they're just cuter.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
We had a lot of gender neutral stuff that was really cute. Animals and stuff on the clothes and I wanted something with cows on it for her nursery and the only thing I could find was nursery rhyme stuff and it was yellow anyway lol.

When she was born, we bought stuff for a girl and she had plenty. I have no issue with buying cute gender geared stuff and I only get to dress her for so long so I was going to dress her in whatever I thought was cute lol. Now she picks out her outfits for the day and she is SUPER girly and if she's not wearing a dress then she has to at least have a skirt on. That's her thing not mine lol. I didn't really put her in dresses as an infant and when she was a toddler I did put her in summer dresses because... SO convenient for diaper changes lol.

but she likes BRIGHT and COLORFUL and SPARKLES galore lol. Doesn't have to be pink but she does have a special place in her heart for pink stuff lol. however, she has been known to go out in red cowgirl boots, tye dye shirt, tutu and a camouflage hat lol

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Well my oh wants to know... Gutted lol we have a gender neutral idea for the nursery and we can jazz it up later when it will appreciate it more. Pretty sure we will buy lots after its born anyway so will get a few bits and bobs before.

It's exciting :) I can't wait for oh to tell me boy or girl after its born.

Members online

No members online now.