Best Food for Puppy

DoggyMom

I was just wondering what is the best food to feed out 9 week old puppy as well as our 7 year old Collie... I've been feeding the Collie Science Diet but I've had people tell me that's a no no. I'm confused....

Thanks
Doggy Mom :p

I like Wellness puppy food and Innova is good too, personally. Canidae is also a great food, for all lifestages.

Saje

Island dweller
Well. There are several of us that are big fans of Innova. I can't get it out here so I feed Eagle Pack. I close second in my opinion.

you can compare foods on Mordy's page. www.mordanna.com

and also do a search for similar threads. This topic comes up a lot and you should be able to find a lot of info if you search through past threads. :)

Mordy

Quigleyfied
actually the site is at mordanna.com/dogfood - if you just go to mordanna.com, you end up on my personal homepage. it has a link to dog stuff but might be a little confusing. :)

There are reason's it's referred to as Science DIEt . . . you can get food that's actually good for your dog, made from organic, human grade ingredients, for the same money - and sometimes less.

When my very LARGE monsters were young puppies, I fed them the Innova Puppy food, but now that Innova has come out with their EVO formula, I think I'd be inclined to feed the EVO even to our dogs as puppies. We give them calf milk replacer when they're young - lots of nutrition, especially for those big bones, but nearly all the fat has been removed. We now have two lovely, heavy boned and heavily muscled girls that are sleek as a pair of otters. Bimmer, my GSD/wolf mix, is thriving on the EVO . . . along with his own version of supplements - whatever varmints he catches, lol!

I've been feeding our 3 (1 @ 7months and 2 @ years) Canidea all Life Stages. It has made it so easy to feed them all 3 the same food and they are doing great on it.

There for awhile Bimmer was eating the Innova puppy food along with the girls. Kharma always wanted to eat with him, and for some reason he was willing to share with her. It probably was good for him because he is so active and it's been a battle to get some weight on him, especially before cold weather so the extra calories did him some good.

declansmom

tasmanian devil sheltie
We did Eukanuba Puppy food for a year, then Eukanuba Maintenance. Now Declan's on Eukanuba reduced fat, took the two extra pounds he'd gained right off him.

I wish you'd examine the Eukanuba. You might re-think feeding it. Not only are they part of the Iams manufacturing that misuses their lab animals terribly, you're not getting a quality food for the money you're paying. I hate seeing people getting cheated when they're trying to take the best care of their pets that they can.

Members online

No members online now.