The Venting Thread

Saeleofu

Thanks for the encouraging words. I blame myself for this partly. I'm having a really difficult time even getting an interview at the clinics I've applied for. This is only my second one after many applications and 2 years of trying. I started vet tech school but never completed it for various reasons. Is that my problem? That I'm not a real deal vet tech? Perhaps but I know some other people who worked with me at the shelter and have less animal experience than I do were hired at the two main clinics I've been trying to get on at so that can't be the reason. Besides, it said, "no animal experience needed." Ugh! It is really discouraging but at least I have my current job for now. I will find something in the animal field soon.
I'm not a vet tech, I was just an assistant, and had no vet experience at the time I was hired - though I did have zoo experience.

Are you wanting specifically vet clinic, or just something in the animal field in general?

I'm not a vet tech, I was just an assistant, and had no vet experience at the time I was hired - though I did have zoo experience.

Are you wanting specifically vet clinic, or just something in the animal field in general?
I'm open to anything animal related really but focusing on vet clinics as they are most plentiful. It's difficult in such a small, rural community. We only have a handful of clinics and everyone knows everyone so they hire friends and whatnot. I've started branching out to other towns. I would love for our shelter to open back up. Unless I move, animal jobs are limited.

Thanks for the encouraging words. I blame myself for this partly. I'm having a really difficult time even getting an interview at the clinics I've applied for. This is only my second one after many applications and 2 years of trying. I started vet tech school but never completed it for various reasons. Is that my problem? That I'm not a real deal vet tech? Perhaps but I know some other people who worked with me at the shelter and have less animal experience than I do were hired at the two main clinics I've been trying to get on at so that can't be the reason. Besides, it said, "no animal experience needed." Ugh! It is really discouraging but at least I have my current job for now. I will find something in the animal field soon.
This goes for any job, not just vet clinics, but if you have only gotten 2 interviews after applying for a number of jobs I would really go over your resume/cover letter/application with a fine toothed comb. And have someone else look at them, too, before sending them. It's likely that the clinics are getting a crapload of applications and the initial weeding process can be over relatively small things like spelling errors, messy or unreadable applications, crumpled paper, etc. Not saying you're doing any of those things but just triple check everything and ask someone else to proofread for you, too.

ETA: And if they tend to to hire people they know, you can't do much about that. A lot of vets or clinic office managers hate the hiring process and take the path of least resistance. But many vet clinics will accept volunteers, and that can be a good way to get your foot in the door so when a job does open up, YOU are one of the people they already know.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Meeting with the grad school people.... So far off to bad start. I forgot the guys name (just went blank). I also got covered in mud from falling on my way in. :(
I know my GPA is too low too so this feels like a waste. But I couldn't not go after my boss told me to. Ugh

This was a bad idea. I suppose I will sit through an hour meeting then thank him and go home and cry because I'm a failure.

Taqroy

I am apparently not speaking Matt's language today.

Matt: "Something is charging the old credit card."
Me: "Which credit card?"
Matt: "The old one."
Me: "Uh....which one is that? What are you talking about? Are you drunk?"
Matt: "We only have two credit cards!! It's charging the old one."
Me: "Actually, I have three credit cards. And continually saying the old credit card like I'm magically going to decipher your strange language is not working for you so maybe you should say something else."

I want to laugh but I also want to scream.

SpringerLover

Our apartment complex has randomly decided to inspect the whole building, again, on Monday and Tuesday.

Terrible, terrible timing, but it made me get my butt in gear and send out inquiries to rescues about Courage. Gabby's staying with Tim Monday and Tuesday but I don't know what to do with Courage... argh! They'll be here anytime from 9-5 on Monday or Tuesday. I have class 10-2 Monday and work 5-8. I have class 9-2 on Tuesday and don't work after. So annoyed.

They've already inspected 3rd floor twice since I moved in February!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
My dogs are so embarrassing.

I live in an apartment that is one of four in a single story "quadreplex", for lack of better word. Its a one story building with an apartment in each corner, and we each have a section of yard, our own porches, etc. One of my neighbor's doors is right by mine, separated by a bush. If Abrams is outside on his tether and she comes or goes, he barks at her the entire time since, in his mind, she is right by his turf. She tries to sweet talk him, but he doesn't care because I'm not out there with him. When I'm there, he loves her, but when I'm not, he'll bark. Which is what he's supposed to do, but she is a nice older lady and it breaks her heart that he barks at her.

So. Tonight she gets home and Abrams is barking at her. I go to the door to let him inside, because I don't want to be that person who let's their dog bark outside, but I make the mistake of actually talking to my neighbor and saying pleasantries while I do so, to hopefully make up for my dog barking at her. Cynder decides now would be an AWESOME time to dart out the door (which she NEVER does) and run over to my neighbor. I've since unclipped Abrams, but let go of him to try to grab Cynder, and he darts out of my reach to go say hi, too. They BOTH try to go into her house, and then Abrams gets so excited he starts peeing all over her porch. I have to run out barefoot in my tights and yoga top to go grab the stupid dogs, and when Abrams sees me coming he says, "YAY! GOOD THINGS ARE HAPPENING!!!!" and starts doing puppy zoomies all over the yard.

I call him and he comes to me, I grab him, and I lead him inside, and then Cynder decides she's going to be a butt and not come in, so I have to go back out for her, too. All while my poor neighbor just wants to go inside and not have dogs run into her apartment.

BAD DOGS. And now my neighbor probably thinks my dogs are even more of idiots than she already did.

SpringerLover

Who's Courage? Why is it a big deal about a inspection?
Courage is a cat I ended up with who needs a home. She's had all necessary veterinary care but she takes a very long time to warm up to other cats. I'm trying to get her into a rescue because I'm (way) over my pet limit with her. And it's super obvious I have her because her x-pen (with bed, and box, and cat tree, and litterbox) is in my (tiny) livingroom.

And I just hate having to worry about them coming into my apartment. I have to put my cats away so they don't escape. It's just stressful!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Why do people insist on sitting on their stupid motorcycles for half an hour just revving it every 5 seconds? And at all hours of the day and night. 9:30 pm, 6:00 am, 2 am. Etc. why? If you need to run it why not... I don't know... Ride it?

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I'm just really sad tonight. I'm PMS-ing and have been super emotional all week and I heard a sad song on the radio and I just want to spend some effing time with my husband and not have to have him leave for work when I want to cuddle with him. I feel like we never see each other because his schedule is just so weird. On top of that I just really want a freaking horse and my Jeep is having some major issues now that it's getting colder.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
We almost got into a head on collison with a motorcyclest that was taking a corner wide. He swerved into the ditch, dropped his bike, and flipped. My brother and a nearby neighbor ran to his aid and lifted the bike off him while I called 911. He was pretty out of it, though talking a bit when we had to move aside for the paramedics. Can't stop thinking about it and hope he's okay. :(

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
On top of the fact that we are having some issues dealing with the warranty for my car to get our transmission replaced I just noticed tonight that Cricket has a broken tooth and it looks gross.

Her breath had been starting to smell super bad recently so I decided to look into her mouth and noticed a back tooth was really yellow/brown looking and the tooth was completely split. The top part of the tooth wiggles bad and this clearly looks like it is going to need oral surgery to me. Of course this would happen when all this stuff with my car is going on.

Notice her nearby teeth are much whiter? My vet checked her mouth a couple months ago and said her teeth looked fine so it got bad in a pretty short time and I'm not happy about it. Not only does it look bad and it's probably going to cost a bit to get fixed, but it has to be painful for her and it bothers me so much to even think of her being in pain. She is already going through a tough time right now with her allergies flaring up again and she is constantly itchy. My poor girl.

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Meeting with the grad school people.... So far off to bad start. I forgot the guys name (just went blank). I also got covered in mud from falling on my way in. :(
I know my GPA is too low too so this feels like a waste. But I couldn't not go after my boss told me to. Ugh

This was a bad idea. I suppose I will sit through an hour meeting then thank him and go home and cry because I'm a failure.
How did it go??

joce

I really wanted to go to congress tomorrow. Husband pulled a muscle In his leg throwing hay so not happening.

Members online

No members online now.