I have a sugar glider :)

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Today, for my birthday, I bought a Sugar Glider joey!

He's ADORABLE! He was hand raised and is really, really inquisitive!

I plan on bonding with him, and then adding either another male or female in with him.

I'll get some pictures of him tomorrow or the next day once he's more settled in. I need to come up with a name as well.

But YAY SUGAR GLIDER!!! I've wanted one for YEARS and finally pushed myself to get one. I've done a lot of research and I'm very excited about bonding with him and having him as part of our family :)

He basically looks like this:

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Gliders are so cute! Congrats!

I know a woman through rescue stuff who breeds them and interestingly enough also does greyhound rescue. They're fascinating critters-are you doing the whole pouch thing?

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
GAK he's cute! My husband used to have a sugar glider. He loved buying her baby food, because it gave him a chance to mess with the cashier....

Cashier: Ohhhh, how old is your baby? (because obviously a guy buying baby food means he has a baby at home)

Husband: About two years old. I keep her in a cage in my bedroom.

Cashier: O.O (stunned silence)

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Yep! I have a travel pouch for him as well with barely see through mesh and it's made of fleece. That way he can go out for socialization without getting scared (or seen!).

Locke

Are you taking him on your trip?
They are so adorable, but I've heard their care is INSANE. Especially their diet requirements and socialization. Is it really as insane as it sounds?

BostonBanker

I know nothing about their care, but they are certainly the cutest things ever! In fact, they look kind of like chihuahuas....

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Wheeeeeeeeeeee new member of the suggie club! :D

If I may ask, where did you get him? (All our suggies are from a FL breeder so I was curious if your new baby is from the same place.)

ETA: If you ever have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM! We have four of 'em. :D

GAK he's cute! My husband used to have a sugar glider. He loved buying her baby food, because it gave him a chance to mess with the cashier....

Cashier: Ohhhh, how old is your baby? (because obviously a guy buying baby food means he has a baby at home)

We've done this soooooooooooooo many times. LOL! It's actually funnier now that we actually have a baby, because we will go through the cashier lane with a baby in the cart and a whole load of one flavor of baby food. You get a lot of good looks when you do that. :p

Last edited:

yoko

Their diet isn't bad. You can look it up online. You can basically blend it up and freeze it so it's a once a week thing.

I love sugar gliders. I have a little boy named Nin.

SaraB

Ahhh! Can't wait for pictures! I had a couple sugar gliders when I was younger, totally not the pet for me but they sure are adorable!!

JessLough

Love My Mutt

:lol-sign: When Rascal passed, I went to return baby food and wipes that I had just bought. I wasn't thinking, and when they asked why I was returning it, I replied with "he died".

Are you taking him on your trip?
I'm gonna punch her in the face if she does. :p

ahhhh, sugar gliders. I think they are one of the most adorable creatures on the plant. In college there was a flea market down the road and there was always a booth with people selling sugar gliders and pouches and stuff. I would never, never, never buy one from a flea market, but man were they cute.

JessLough

Love My Mutt

Members online

No members online now.